• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball

Miami 20-6 .769
Louisville 20-8 .714
Florida State 15-9 .625
Virginia 17-11 .607
N.C. State 14-12 .538
Clemson 14-14 .500
------------------------
Georgia Tech 13-14 .481
Wake Forest 13-15 .464
Duke 13-15 .464
UNC 12-16 .429
------------------------
Notre Dame 11-15 .423
Boston College 11-15 .423
Pittsburgh 10-17 .370
Virginia Tech 6-21 .214

Based on the standings, I don't think the UNC tiebreaker even matters. If they pass us, we still would need ND or BC to finish in front of us for us to miss. We're two games up on each so if Clemson beats ND then we're in (ND has the tiebreaker over us) and if GT beats BC once then we're in (BC also has the tiebreaker over us).

So we need either a win today to clinch OR AT LEAST 2 of the following;
1. a Clemson win at ND.
2. a GT win vs BC
3. a NCSU win vs UNC

Last edited:
I would like to see the following 3 things before our baseball season ends.
1. a win today or tomorrow against Louisville since it would clinch an ACCT berth and we've never beaten Louisville in baseball.
2. to get into pool play and have a shot at the ACCT Championship.
3 to get into the NCAAs and win a game or two there.

Anything better than that would be gravy, imo. I don't think our pitching and defense are quite good enough to make a run to Omaha, and our offense got pretty much shut down last night by quality pitching.
But, as we all know, games are played on the field and not on paper, so who knows? GO DEACS!

We've been so close to wins in several games where a timely hit would have made a big difference, including yesterday. We seem to get men on base pretty good, but strand them.

We had two lineouts last night with the bases loaded.

Ballgame. Those find and opening and we probably score 4 more runs.

I mean getting swept by Louisville wouldn't really be #wakeforesting.

They are ridiculously loaded and a national title contender.

Deacs down 0-1 in the top of the fourth and Louisville has two men on and no outs. Game is on ESPN3, BTW.

"Wow Wake really did poorly."

"Oh man what happened? Did they get swept by the last place ACC team?"

"No. They got beat by the number 2 team in the country who leads the ACC."

"Oh...."

I mean getting swept by Louisville wouldn't really be #wakeforesting.

They are ridiculously loaded and a national title contender.

Having the chance to clinch an NCAA berth by winning one of two, albeit against a very good team, and getting swept would be classic WF. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Having the chance to clinch an NCAA berth by winning one of two, albeit against a very good team, and getting swept would be classic WF. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Just win one!!! Bases loaded for UL, down 6-0. It's about to go downhill quickly.

Back