• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball

Apparently the strike zone is in the shin area today. Craig strikes out on 3 straight pitches near shin height. Ridiculous. He just laughed it off in disbelief.

Holy shit we are getting screwed by the boys in blue today. Coach Walter finally showed some damn anger and got in the first base ump's face, but wasn't tossed.

These strikes three calls are awful. The last three strikeouts shouldn't have happened. Ump has a strike zone a solid 2-3 inches off the plate.

These strikes three calls are awful. The last three strikeouts shouldn't have happened. Ump has a strike zone a solid 2-3 inches off the plate.

Yup. The dude has been calling strikes that are waaaaay off the plate and shin high. Worst plate umpire I've seen in a while.

Wake officially flirting with disaster. Sellers was horrible this inning. UL should have scored 5, but a tremendous double play prevented that.

Wake now down 6-3.

Shifting away from this game…what needs to happen for Wake to make it?

If sellers is the best closer we have then we are going to be in deep shit the next few years. He doesn't have a lot of movement on his fastball

Wake officially flirting with disaster. Sellers was horrible this inning. UL should have scored 5, but a tremendous double play prevented that.

Wake now down 6-3.

Shifting away from this game…what needs to happen for Wake to make it?

BC to lose one of their two against GT or UNC to lose to NCSU.

State is up 5-1 on UNC. Go Pack Go

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I guess backing in is ok, but getting swept and being the 10 seed is not the way you want to go into the tournament.

UNC loses - Wake is in.

I think that leaves a winner take all game 2 between GT/BC for the last spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tech made it that way last year and went on to win the title, IIRC....(we were who they beat out but weren't playing each other, i.e. they got the last spot by us losing to Duke)

What's the difference in Wake or UNC making the tourney? UNC will still get a invite to the regionals. We'd never get that. Don't really understand UNC's RPI being so high and still ranked...they have played really awful baseball the 2nd half of season by their standards....

Back