• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Baseball

What's the difference in Wake or UNC making the tourney? UNC will still get a invite to the regionals. We'd never get that. Don't really understand UNC's RPI being so high and still ranked...they have played really awful baseball the 2nd half of season by their standards....

RPI is supposed to be unbiased. UGA has been around the Top 25 in RPI almost all year with a record below .500.

UNC loses - Wake is in.

I think that leaves a winner take all game 2 between GT/BC for the last spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think GT is in regardless, but if BC wins then I believe unc will be out. That would mean unc would finish 11tn in conference, yet ranked 20th nationally Hahahah. Damn joke

BC up 7-3. I am unsure why this game isn't on ESPN3 as the crew is obviously there.

Unless Georgia Tech comes back, it looks like Wake will be the No. 10 seed playing Duke Tuesday. The winner will advance into Pool B and join Louisville, Virginia and Clemson.

Unless Georgia Tech comes back, it looks like Wake will be the No. 10 seed playing Duke Tuesday. The winner will advance into Pool B and join Louisville, Virginia and Clemson.

Let's hope for first round win because that may be all we can muster.

BC holds on to beat GT 7-6. Per theacc.com, we play Duke at 11am Tuesday. As RivalsLes said, if we beat Duke, we will advance to Pool B and play a game each against Louisville, Virginia, and Clemson. Talk about a tough assignment. We will have to play 4 of the hottest teams in the conference, make it 5 if we could somehow advance to the finals and Miami wins pool A.

Is Tuesday a must win for our NCAA hopes? 4 straight losses could decide our fate

Will Tuesday's game be on ESPN3?

It's listed as being carried on regional sports networks, so I'm assuming that will be on Fox Sports for most of us. All games will be available on ESPN3, according to the release today from the ACC.

Is Tuesday a must win? It's gotta be pretty close to a must win. The sweep to UL didn't damage the RPI very much, but a conference record of 13-17 is a tough sell, as is being the No. 10 seed. I think a win over Duke and one win in pool play (which would be over a quality opponent) would make me feel confident about a NCAA tourney bid. I loss Tuesday would lead to a few nervous nights, I'm sure.

Agreed. I suspect this team is in no matter what. Top 30 RPI, top 10 in the top conference in the country including beating out a top 15 team in the country for the final spot in the ACCT, 11-15 against top 50 RPI teams (better than Duke), only one loss to a 200+ team (Harvard I believe), and a top 20 strength of schedule.

Of course you only need to look back a year to find a team with a similar record and roughly equal merits who didn't get into the tournament (UNC).

Would feel much better about the NCAAT bid with a win in the ACCT play-in game and not going in on a 4 game losing skid, but dook is going to be a tough out on their home field against their deep pitching staff.

Let's get this one tomorrow! :thumbsup:

GO DEACS!!

Yeah the fact that the ACCT is played on a field where one team plays most of their home games is pretty ridiculous.

It's listed as being carried on regional sports networks, so I'm assuming that will be on Fox Sports for most of us. All games will be available on ESPN3, according to the release today from the ACC.

Is Tuesday a must win? It's gotta be pretty close to a must win. The sweep to UL didn't damage the RPI very much, but a conference record of 13-17 is a tough sell, as is being the No. 10 seed. I think a win over Duke and one win in pool play (which would be over a quality opponent) would make me feel confident about a NCAA tourney bid. I loss Tuesday would lead to a few nervous nights, I'm sure.

If we don't make it then I think it would be pretty difficult to explain UNC getting in when they got swept by Wake, and missed the ACCT en lieu of us making it.

If we don't make it then I think it would be pretty difficult to explain UNC getting in when they got swept by Wake, and missed the ACCT en lieu of us making it.

I agree, and UNC's RPI being so high I would think would be a huge help to Wake at this point considering the regular-season sweep.

Here's the response I got just now on Twitter from a writer with Baseball America: "Brackets are Tuesday for us. RPI is high enough where Deacs *could* get in without it, but I'd strongly encourage them to win."

I responded by saying I'd be confident that Wake would make field with a win Tuesday and then one win in pool play, and he said: "Yeah. Hard to say with a ton of confidence right now that they'd make it in without that. Better to be safe than sorry."

RPI is about the only rating where Wake is in the top 50, but if Wake doesn't get in with a top 30 RPI after missing a few years ago with a top 35 RPI, with the ACC being dominant in both seasons it's going to be pretty infuriating. If the RPI gets a lot of weight, Wake should be in.

Back