• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest #1 NBA Factory

Well he should have kept his mouth shut instead of telling everyone his plan. UK's army of sports psychologists prepared Boogie for the moment.

Also he should have nut tapped him.

Toothpick to the back of the knee as Boogie starts posting him up. An old Vlade-Dade trick

We were pretty screwed regardless

Right. The only chance we had of Aminu playing the whole game was to keep him in the game. Saving him for the second half of a curb stomping made no sense. Too many coaches go on autopilot when a player is in foul trouble.

Just so we're clear here: You're advocating leaving Aminu in with 11 minutes left in the first half, the game tied, with three fouls, against that Kentucky frontline?

haha i know, no offense mdmh, but I just didn't like that UK team for some reason (had nothing to do with the 30 point beat down they gave Wake).i've had no problems with the Calipari coached teams since then .

The combination of Cousins, Orton, and Cal's unlikability and John Walls overexposure made that team ripe for hate. That was still the most fun to watch basketball team I've ever seen.

Just so we're clear here: You're advocating leaving Aminu in with 11 minutes left in the first half, the game tied, with three fouls, against that Kentucky frontline?

Yes. You think we should have taken out the only reason we were in the game?

What's the worst thing that could have happened? He leaves the game and we get stomped?

The only chance we had in that game is if Aminu played the whole game.

Did Aminu play full games during the season? Not sure on how many minutes he got.

What's the worst thing that could have happened? He leaves the game and we get stomped?

Sure you would've left him in the game. Suuuuuuure you would have.

At some point Aminu would have gotten tired. Plus iirc he got those fouls back to back so the refs were laser focused on him

Not like he would have been able to stop Wall from the post anyway

Also, Calipari is a smart coach. There was a reason Aminu had three fouls in 9 minutes - they kept attacking him. And guess what! They would've kept doing it if he remained in the game! Awesome Ph strategy = no Aminu at all in the second half!

lol

Odds that Ph would be criticizing Dino if he'd left Aminu in and he'd picked up his fourth foul three minutes later? I'm going to stay conservative and go with 100%.

This may top Ph's 6 years later criticism of Lobo for throwing a fade to John T on 3rd and goal in the Nebraska home game. Amazing.

very happy I took the chance and reread a thread I thought was dead on page 1

The combination of Cousins, Orton, and Cal's unlikability and John Walls overexposure made that team ripe for hate. That was still the most fun to watch basketball team I've ever seen.

mine was the 1991 unlv team. plastic man at the top of the amoeba defense.

Just standing by what I posted at the time. LOL that the second half mattered.

Just standing by what I posted at the time. LOL that the second half mattered.

This is on par with RJ's fishnet story on the Hank Aaron thread. Truly a golden week in OGBoards' history, both of these anecdotes are instant classics that'll give the community many future lulz.

This is on par with RJ's fishnet story on the Hank Aaron thread. Truly a golden week in OGBoards' history, both of these anecdotes are instant classics that'll give the community many future lulz.

undefeated vs undefeated

James Johnson has been playing well for Memphis. 7.5pts 3.2rbs 2.2as a steal and 1.2 blocks a game 18.6pts PER (second on the team)

What happened to Howard this year...it looked like he was playing fairly well for the Toros, but they waived him due to injury? What was the injury? I am guessing he is done for good now...? I was really pulling for him to make it back into the NBA one last time.

Back