• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest 2023 baseball season thread (Deacs end historic season with extra inning loss to LSU: Final record 54-12 and top 4 finish nationally)

Even before that announcement Wake opened -175 this morning. I don't know what if any attention they really pay to who is slated to start but since Rhett games normally have the more favorable Wake odds I'd say they at least have some eye on it.

Just gonna be so comical when they move games around or try to compound them all on one day given the two games we have left today.

I will destroy this dead horse.

i would assume they will move things around if they know weather is pending at a certain time. That makes perfect sense...cancelling games does not.
i think USF and ECU had a 3 or 4 hr lightning delay earlier this week in the 4th inning. Games go on...

Someone remind me....what happens if no games get played after today?

Surprised they didn't announce the decision before the 3 pm game as it's now at the point where it'll have a material impact on attendance even if they say the games are going ahead as planned.

Just another reason why this format is horrible that we very well may be giving up a huge advantage going with keener tonight and if we do get to a champ game it will be with our 5h best unless Walter decides to hold Sullivan now for a champ game and use bullpen as back up to Hartle. Just nutty.

Les also mentions some scheduling changes perhaps coming soon.

best record in pool play is champion

if a tie, highest seed
To clarify:
In the event the thing is not run to a championship game conclusion due to weather, is the best in pool play/if tie highest seed declared the "ACC Tournament Champion", in addition to #1 seed which = auto NCAA qualifier? Or does that just get you the auto qualifier for NCAA purposes? If its the former and not just the later, tonight's game dos carry significance in the event of the semi's and final get washed out.
Seems kind of hokey to declare a champion (as opposed to a #1 seed) when you never get beyond pool play, but if it's the Deacs, we'll gladly take that trophy home on the bus to go along with the one that took a plane ride back from Arizona earlier this week.

To clarify:
In the event the thing is not run to a championship game conclusion due to weather, is the best in pool play/if tie highest seed declared the "ACC Tournament Champion", in addition to #1 seed which = auto NCAA qualifier? Or does that just get you the auto qualifier for NCAA purposes? If its the former and not just the later, tonight's game dos carry significance in the event of the semi's and final get washed out.
Seems kind of hokey to declare a champion (as opposed to a #1 seed) when you never get beyond pool play, but if it's the Deacs, we'll gladly take that trophy home on the bus to go along with the one that took a plane ride back from Arizona earlier this week.
I asked this question too and didn’t get an answer. I want the trophy and to be able to put ACC 2023 Tournament Champions on the outfield wall.

I guess UM doesn’t care about their game as Clemson is higher seed and already won both. So lower seeded team actually has the advantage now if games do get played. Lovely…..

To clarify:
The person I had asked here from the ACC indicated the trophy and championship as well. Think back to Florida State during the ACC Basketball Tournament of 2020.

Hell yeah - let's get that trophy, championship, and banner.

ALL ABOARD THE KEENER TRAIN.

Back