• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football / Military Bowl Thread

Prove it.

Sure. But since I care about y'all adding the condition that the opponent had a winning ATS during the season and is due to regress. Temple was 12-1 ATS this year, BTW.

$100 bet on every game, from BetLabs:

proved.png

Was just coming here to post something similar.

"Temple lost to Army to open the season, then rattled off 12 straight covers to take home college football's ATS crown." -ESPN bowl betting preview

12 straight covers is absolutely ridiculous. I don't think it means anything for the bowl game vs. Wake Forest, but it is still a crazy stat.

Was just coming here to post something similar.

"Temple lost to Army to open the season, then rattled off 12 straight covers to take home college football's ATS crown." -ESPN bowl betting preview

12 straight covers is absolutely ridiculous. I don't think it means anything for the bowl game vs. Wake Forest, but it is still a crazy stat.

Colorado wasn't far off from this. Guessing they wound up 10-2 ATS

There have been plenty of 13+ point dogs that have won games straight up this year. That said, Temple is and should be expected to win. Will be surprised if the game is not close.

I for one will be actually real surprised if we keep this game close unless the coaches reach into another bag of tricks than what they showed in November. The offense was disgusting and we will need that to score against the likes of Temple. They may not be a Clemson or Florida State but they are certainly not 10-3 and the American Athletic Conference champs for nothing. I imagine this game to be a 34-13 laugher since we cannot score on offense.

Sure. But since I care about y'all adding the condition that the opponent had a winning ATS during the season and is due to regress. Temple was 12-1 ATS this year, BTW.

$100 bet on every game, from BetLabs:

proved.png

Nice job with the hotlink. I suppose you expect me to believe that a broken link picture is going to convince me that your team has any chance in this game. Do they teach websurfing at Wake Forest?

Nice job with the hotlink. I suppose you expect me to believe that a broken link picture is going to convince me that your team has any chance in this game. Do they teach websurfing at Wake Forest?

Biff? Mooonz? Or real Temple fan?

I agree with all who applaud the Dept. for their effort. Got my tickets and can't wait to go. If the staff deploys a superior offensive game plan, and take the heat off the defense, it will be the first time it's been done. Cold, rain or a 17 point halftime deficit will clear the stands. I hope I'm wrong.

Apparently not. It's showing up for me, but I suppose I may be showing my (relative) technological idiocy here

Last edited:

We should just not even play the game. Wake stands no chance at all against the powerhouse program that is Temple!!

The defensive coordinator openings at Notre Dame and Ole Miss haven’t had much movement, so we don’t have any more clarity about whether or to what extent Mike Elko is a candidate for either spot. One or both programs might have been holding out hope for Charlie Strong, and now that he is off the board maybe we will see some further movement.

The editor at Notre Dame’s Scout site said over the weekend that he believed that the three most likely candidates were current ND defensive staff member Mike Elston, current Youngstown State HC / former Nebraska HC Bo Pelini, and Coach Elko.

I’m also watching Oregon’s open DC spot. Willie Taggert had very clearly wanted Strong. Now the rumors are focused on Colorado DC Jim Leavitt.

The defensive coordinator openings at Notre Dame and Ole Miss haven’t had much movement, so we don’t have any more clarity about whether or to what extent Mike Elko is a candidate for either spot. One or both programs might have been holding out hope for Charlie Strong, and now that he is off the board maybe we will see some further movement.

The editor at Notre Dame’s Scout site said over the weekend that he believed that the three most likely candidates were current ND defensive staff member Mike Elston, current Youngstown State HC / former Nebraska HC Bo Pelini, and Coach Elko.

I’m also watching Oregon’s open DC spot. Willie Taggert had very clearly wanted Strong. Now the rumors are focused on Colorado DC Jim Leavitt.

Is Willie gonna offer Skip Holtz a job too? USF all stars

Wake Forest Football / Military Bowl Thread - Temple loses their HC

Is Willie gonna offer Skip Holtz a job too? USF all stars

Yeah really.

He seems to be going well at La Tech.

Back