• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Investigating If Louisville Knew Too Much

We never had a chance.

81kOokYqMGL._SY550_.jpg

I mean it sounds like they did have firm evidence. They found the game plan at the stadium when they showed up (for a walkthrough I'm assuming?).

Still isn't why we lost though

Then take it to the ACC and the press at the same time.

Sketchy. Did they not get our game plan until the 4th quarter?

Petrino's hookers were assigned the task of delivering the game plan, but they got tied up turning tricks and were late to arrive. ;)

Of all the game plans Louisville would consider stealing...seems like Wake Forest's offense would be at the bottom of that list

Which is probably why if this is legit for a Wake Forest game, it means that they absolutely are trying to do this for other games as well.

I just assumed the deacon on the motorcycle was making Petrino look so nervous, but it was because he was afraid they would get caught.

From what I've been told, the contents cost us the game. Details included:

(1) Slow hand-off left, 7 yards deep
(2) Slow hand-off right, 7 yards deep
(3) Slow hand-off up center's ass
(4) QB rollout, focus on one receiver and throw the ball away or at receiver's feet

Apparently the plays we've only run in practice involve slow hand-off, 8-10 yards deep.

Wait a second...maybe they sent us Matt Colburn as a spy!

Love poking fun at the WF offense, but if this story has legs, it's a big deal.

L'ville is #5 in the committee playoff ranking, and the decision about who gets in and who doesn't is subjective. If it is established that Louisville misappropriated information that WF took reasonable steps to keep confidential, Louisville is going to get hosed by the committee (and they should be). Also, Petrino already has strikes against him; so, if evidence backs up the apparent allegations, Petrino will be in trouble.

IMO, WF is the last athletic department in the ACC to cause a stir unless they have the basis for it. WF doesn't rock the boat; this story is not helpful for the ACC (or WF) as their dream scenario is for both Clemson and L'ville to make the playoff (and it's close to happening).

We are all making wild ass guesses at this point, but it appears more likely than not that this could turn into something significant. Would be so typical and stupid for L'ville to jeopardize potentially the best season in school history to get an unneeded edge in a game when they were a 35 point favorite.

2 things:

1. I honestly don't think it is possible to get in trouble at Louisville. Rick Pitino could go onto the middle of Churchill Downs and shoot someone in the face and would not get in trouble.
2. If they did cheat against WF, it certainly doesn't mean they didn't do the same against other teams (or at least tried).

Love poking fun at the WF offense, but if this story has legs, it's a big deal.

L'ville is #5 in the committee playoff ranking, and the decision about who gets in and who doesn't is subjective. If it is established that Louisville misappropriated information that WF took reasonable steps to keep confidential, Louisville is going to get hosed by the committee (and they should be). Also, Petrino already has strikes against him; so, if evidence backs up the apparent allegations, Petrino will be in trouble.

IMO, WF is the last athletic department in the ACC to cause a stir unless they have the basis for it. WF doesn't rock the boat; this story is not helpful for the ACC (or WF) as their dream scenario is for both Clemson and L'ville to make the playoff (and it's close to happening).

We are all making wild ass guesses at this point, but it appears more likely than not that this could turn into something significant. Would be so typical and stupid for L'ville to jeopardize potentially the best season in school history to get an unneeded edge in a game when they were a 35 point favorite.

Not sure I agree with this at all. Clawson doesn't care about rocking the boat and he's the one who decided to make this public

From what I've been told, the contents cost us the game. Details included:

(1) Slow hand-off left, 7 yards deep
(2) Slow hand-off right, 7 yards deep
(3) Slow hand-off up center's ass
(4) QB rollout, focus on one receiver and throw the ball away or at receiver's feet

Apparently the plays we've only run in practice involve slow hand-off, 8-10 yards deep.

i like this

The game plan was totally top secret. Even Wolford had not seen it.

Back