• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest's own Tommy Elrod caught leaking football information to other teams

What is it with you grasping to place blame on WF? No one holds the position that there was a problem at WF other than the lunatic fringe on this Board (Reff, DR and you).

There wasn't a problem to begin with, and no third party observer (other than those mentioned above and others who are similarly obtuse) have stated or implied that there was a problem with the way WF dealt with the media and others close to program, if anything WF's openness was admired.

That said, after WF got burned by an incredibly unique situation (please name one other instance when a team's broadcaster gave inside information to opponents), WF will regrettably have to change it's policy of being as open to the media. This is not something that Clawson or the Athletic Department wants to do, but given that it happened in this instance, WF can not take the chance of it happening again even if it has an negative impact on WF's relationship with the press, and others connected to the program.

You are intentionally conflating remedial actions in response to this completely bizarre and unforeseeable situation with an admission of fault on WF's behalf.

Yeah, this.

I'd let all you dumb motherfuckers in the locker room etc, because I know you wouldn't pull an Elrod. Clawson doesn't need to change a damn thing.

Bleacher Report is saying Va. Tech was third team contacted in leaking scandal. Information provided was about potential trick plays.

Bleacher Report is saying Va. Tech was third team contacted in leaking scandal. Information provided was about potential trick plays.

In that epic 6-3 OT battle? There was a receiver coach that was on Grobe's staff that went to VT.

Are the mods going to take any action against siff or not? Isn't there a don't be a dick rule here? Despite the guys beautiful family he is crossing the line to liken another poster to Bill Cosby even if that poster is from Philadelphia and loves Temple.

Nope, "discuss Wake Forest athletics. Freely.":rolleyes:

compare this to the Louisville statement

Czvh02AVEAAuWIY.jpg

Dabo plays golf with the media and has them over to his home for dinner every pre-season during Clemson media days.

I think he picks who is in and who is out each year, but I doubt Dave has invited Elrod, Cotten, and Collins over for a bite to eat and a beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, no. He has lunch with them every week. That seems functionally the same, if not a closer relationship.

did VT have any former Grobe assistants at the time? If not, then can we assume Elrod was giving info out to more than just Louisville, Army, and Indiana?

‏@SIPeteThamel
VT AD Whit Babcock confirms Virginia Tech was contacted in Wake probe. Says school is "disappointed and embarrassed."

Whit Babcock is a class act. This happened under Beamer so nothing will come of it, but that's the kind of response I expect out of an AD.

Back