• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Picked Last In Atlantic By Media

Yeah they lost a decent number of people (namely Andre) but I think they're going to have a solid season. I guess I just like Adazzio more.

Only returning nine starters, and three on O. I feel best about that game amongst our ACC slate

This season the ACC Network will regionally televise the sodomy of our "football team" without added lubrication. We will be incredibly bad. Think rectal tearing.

But the sun starts to rise in 2015.

We're going to suck that much?

Defense should be OK; the secondary should be very strong. The offense is going to struggle (and that probably is not fair to the word "struggle"). When WF wins the few it will win, they will be ugly.

Defense should be OK; the secondary should be very strong. The offense is going to struggle (and that probably is not fair to the word "struggle"). When WF wins the few it will win, they will be ugly.

I mean, it's not like we aren't used to a struggling offense.

And it will be better than last year's Lobo unit.

I say 4-6 wins

Defense will be pretty good. Nikita will be a big loss though. I mean it will probably be similar to last year. Defense top 50, offense 100+

How many wins, do you think?

I'd bet : A mirror of '09. We win first 2 and beat Duke in the last game when they have their Bowl sewn up and we play the youngsters. I'd hope: 6-6 and a bowl game to give the young guys more practices.

This will likely be the worst Wake FB teams since at least the 2003 season (when I started following WF). Not a knock on the coaches, of course. We are just talent short at about every position but punter.

For some reason, Wake plays better as an underdog (a role we're used to)...I think we sneak up on enough people to go 6-6...

We will be as good as our OL. Last year we could run the ball which ment we couldn't control the clock. All those 3-and -outs wore out the defense. The Syracuse game was a perfect example. The job the staff does improving the OL will be the first step in our success or failure. Takeaways and special team will be the next steps.

Oh, that Syracuse game. Slow-motion train wreck. So obvious not only to us fans, but also to the players, that we had nothing besides Camp. Because it looked like the whole team, led by the coaching staff, just gave up.

I'm still thinking that Coach Shier(sp) will be the key. If he is the special teams guru we think he is - and since this will be a priority at Wake for the first time maybe ever - we'll hopefully see some impact during games. I'll be looking for improved punt and kick-off coverage, some success in blocking FG attempts, maybe some reverses on KO returns and maybe some quick-kicks to manage field position and play to our perceived strength on defense.

In sum, our punting and FG range has to be near flawless....got to average 40 yards + on punts and hit those 40 yard FG's consistantly.

The good news is that with the offense set to be bad again, Kinal shouldn't drop off as much from the last two years (where he led the nation in punts each year) as we expected!

The #KinalKount is coming back with a vengeance.

If Clawson wins six games with this team and schedule, he's Jesus. No other explanation.

Back