• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Picked Last In Atlantic By Media

They lost their QB, Heisman RB and their only productive WR. BC should take a step back this season.

The Punch line? Wake lost a four year starter at QB, one of the best defensive players it has ever had, and people are as optimistic as I can remember.

I am so Lobo-out that I am one of them.

The Punch line? Wake lost a four year starter at QB, one of the best defensive players it has ever had, and people are as optimistic as I can remember.

Ummmm, no. Most people thought we'd bowl the last two years.

There's this thing in sports where team's fans have hope before a season. Not sure if you're familiar with.

But I concur with the coaching part, can make a huge, huge difference

Last edited:

You're reading a different board than I am.

I saw the handwriting on the wall during the 2012 season....nearly a total breakdown of so-called team unity and discipline culminating in Camp's scathing post-season comments.

You're reading a different board than I am.

I don't believe I am. The description of the earlier post I responded to (describing BC) could easily apply to Wake, with Tanner, Nikita and Camp all gone....but all of those negatives are more than offset by the euphoria in having a head coach with some, *cough*, fire in his belly who doesn't have a knothead calling plays.

I don't believe I am. The description of the earlier post I responded to (describing BC) could easily apply to Wake, with Tanner, Nikita and Camp all gone....but all of those negatives are more than offset by the euphoria in having a head coach with some, *cough*, fire in his belly who doesn't have a knothead calling plays.

All culminating in predictions from 2-6 wins. Not exactly the euphoric pinnacle of optimism.

Half the teams in the country punted that many times. We could have a good season and he would still hit that mark.

All culminating in predictions from 2-6 wins. Not exactly the euphoric pinnacle of optimism.

I think people are realistic, but optimistic. Who on here would trade Team Clawson for the Lobo All-stars? My point is that huge personnel losses are not enough to dampen the enthusiasm of regime change. Even after huge losses, people still feel that Wake has experienced a net gain.

Huh? Not me. Didn't I warn of rectal tearing?

I believe it's a general consensus that we will not be good this year. But people are still excitied for the next 4 years in terms of progress.

I think people are realistic, but optimistic. Who on here would trade Team Clawson for the Lobo All-stars? My point is that huge personnel losses are not enough to dampen the enthusiasm of regime change. Even after huge losses, people still feel that Wake has experienced a net gain.

I think we experienced a net gain. I also see us with 2-3 wins this year. I am optimistic about where the program is headed in a macro sense, but bearish about our ability to win games in the short term.

Okay. So you'd take Grobe-Lobo back right now if offered?

Absolutely not, and I think most people feel that way. I'm pointing out that the regime change was so well-received that even with a huge talent hemorrhage people are still upbeat.

Coach Grobe retired two years ago and passed the reigns to Lobo. Who SUCKS!

That team last year was a very good team. The ULM and BC losses were absolutely ridiculous. That option bullshit is about as big a coaching fail as I have ever personally witnessed. Stupid stupid.

We had an excellent defensive line a rarity at Wake, lead by a freak and my favorite player of all time, Nikita. Also the d backs are upper echelon in the ACC.

We had a QB who was a solid passer and we run the option. Also rely on Camp so much to the point that there was no way he could hold up.

The coaching was absurdly stupid. The Miami game showed where that team was talent wise.

We should have won at least three more games and been in a bowl. That was a huge blunder and Grobe deserved to be fired and should have shut the fuck up after.

This team could not be as bad offensively as we were just based on coaching. I mean remember the Cuse game? Geez! Tanner was a basket case by the end of the year. The D- line is where we appear to have fallen off.... the lines are the key. We will have a true frosh starting at QB so could be some mistakes but at least we will be trying to actually put some points up.

Coach Grobe retired two years ago and passed the reigns to Lobo. Who SUCKS!

That team last year was a very good team. The ULM and BC losses were absolutely ridiculous. That option bullshit is about as big a coaching fail as I have ever personally witnessed. Stupid stupid.

We had an excellent defensive line a rarity at Wake, lead by a freak and my favorite player of all time, Nikita. Also the d backs are upper echelon in the ACC.

We had a QB who was a solid passer and we run the option. Also rely on Camp so much to the point that there was no way he could hold up.

The coaching was absurdly stupid. The Miami game showed where that team was talent wise.

We should have won at least three more games and been in a bowl. That was a huge blunder and Grobe deserved to be fired and should have shut the fuck up after.

This team could not be as bad offensively as we were just based on coaching. I mean remember the Cuse game? Geez! Tanner was a basket case by the end of the year. The D- line is where we appear to have fallen off.... the lines are the key. We will have a true frosh starting at QB so could be some mistakes but at least we will be trying to actually put some points up.

Excellent take. Last year should have been an eight win season and quality bowl trip. Case study in the infamous "Football ends badly" quote by Steve Logan.

Yes last year should have resulted in a bowl game easily IMO.

What if it had? What if WF had pulled out the ULM and Vandy games and finished 6-6?

WF would have made a bottom-tier bowl, and there may not have been a coaching change.

Have all the respect in the world for Coach Grobe, but it was time for a change. We all suffered through many painful games last year, but it may have been for the best that WF did not finish off its winnable games last year.

Back