• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Tennis (WS Open Starts Saturday)

Max Kan is in the final round of qualifying today vs. Ryan Haviland, which will be a tough ask for Max. Noah will be in the main draw, and I think Jon Ho got a WC into the main draw as well. Keivon Tabrizi lost 5 and 1 this morning to former Elon #1, Cam Silverman, in a futures in Israel. Not sure what Romo is up to this week.

Thanks for the info on Tabrizi. Bogaerts was initially signed up for the Winston-Salem Futures, but he then withdrew. Maybe still recovering from his back injury?

Can anybody comment on the role the new tennis facilities played if any in the elevation of the men's program? I was very skeptical of that project but am prepared to eat crow if it's really made a material difference in recruiting, exposure, etc.

Can anybody comment on the role the new tennis facilities played if any in the elevation of the men's program? I was very skeptical of that project but am prepared to eat crow if it's really made a material difference in recruiting, exposure, etc.

It's made a huge difference. Since the creation of the facility we have added the following: ATP Tour 250 event, Futures professional event, ITA college summer circuit event, 2018 NCAA championships, and the top recruit nationally in the past 5-10 years (Noah Rubin).

Huge difference thus far, and the I'd say outside of landing Rubin and the 2018 NCAAs, we've still yet to feel the big, long term push that it should provide, or perhaps landing Rubin and the 2018 NCAAs are the start of a great run as a National Power.

It looks like Romo decided to head home instead of playing this week as he is signed up for the Belgium Futures qualies next week.

Ron has overseen a massive upgrade in facilities in his tenure. No disputing that. Though I have read on here that the real impetus behind the tennis facilities was the Flow family.

noah wins first round match

now plays number 3 seed

While the tennis center has had positive results for the tennis program, hard to believe that it couldn't have been executed better so as to not impact the football game-day experience for students. There would certainly seem to be enough unutilized land over there.

Ofc it started with where they built the indoor center 15 years prior. The university as a whole doesn't seem to be very good at long term facility planning.

We just inked another big recruit for next year, Dennis Uspensky. He's a very good player, and in my opinion would have played top 3 this past season. Not sure, if anything, what this means re: Noah's decision. He's played many of the junior slams and actually played in the futures yesterday where he lost to former Tennessee #1 Rhyne Williams. I'm hopeful that Noah comes back, and that there is possibly one more big recruit out there, and if so, we should have a shot at the National Title next year!

We just inked another big recruit for next year, Dennis Uspensky. He's a very good player, and in my opinion would have played top 3 this past season. Not sure, if anything, what this means re: Noah's decision. He's played many of the junior slams and actually played in the futures yesterday where he lost to former Tennessee #1 Rhyne Williams. I'm hopeful that Noah comes back, and that there is possibly one more big recruit out there, and if so, we should have a shot at the National Title next year!

Wow, the men's tennis team is on a roll. I saw Uspensky played doubles with Max Kan yesterday, so I wondered if he might be someone we were looking to sign. Here's the Wake press release http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-tennis/spec-rel/060315aaa.html

Noah Rubin announced his is turning pro. Will not return to Wake.

WF Tennis 2015 (2015 Season Recap and Summer Tournaments)

Too bad, but good luck to him. It was great following his play this year!

Back