• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Tennis (WS Open Starts Saturday)

Kimmy Guerin was named ACC player of the week.

A Deacon Club email today indicated that permanent seating construction around 6 college courts will begin in March:

TENNIS COMPETITION SEATING
718 permanent, chair-back seats around all six collegiate tennis courts/Winston-Salem Open practice courts.

Funds Raised: $1.75 million
Construction Start: March 2016
Construction Complete: August 2016

New rankings are out today. The men moved from #10 to #5 and the women from #45 to #43.

Huge results this week. We should be around top 5 when the first computer rankings of the year come out on Tuesday I would think

Right about the ranking, wrong about it being computer rankings time. Guess that will be next week. Huge for us that OU didn't drop much, we will be at least top 5 in the first computer rankings I would think

Girls lost at #21 Clemson 4-2 but were very competitive.

New ITA rankings are out, and these are the first iterations of the computer rankings for this year. The men are #5 and women #27 (up from 43). For the men, Mansouri is 25 (up from 28), Chrysochos is 34 (up from 125), Bogaerts is 113 (up from not ranked), Mansouri/Seraphim are 21 (up from not ranked), and Bogaerts/Kan 28 (up from 39). The only woman ranked is Guerin at 82 (down from 77). The men play at home this weekend - #26 Texas Saturday at noon and #6 Texas Tech Sunday at 11 AM. The women play at home too - Friday at 2 PM against Louisville.

Huge match for the women against South Carolina. If they can win that, they will be well on track for the NCAA tournament

Lots of home matches for the Deacs this weekend. The women play Louisville Friday at 2 PM and #17 South Carolina Sunday at 2 PM. The men play #26 Texas Saturday at 1 PM, #6 Texas Tech Sunday at 11 AM, and Norfolk State Sunday at 5 PM.

annoying, we apparently have video at our tennis facility but you have to pay some premium subscription to watch. and i was just about to be a sweet deacs tennis fan

the women beat Louisville 6-1 and are now 10-1 for the season.

Up 3-1, need to win one of the last three matches. We're down in the third set in all 1-0, 2-1, and 5-4.

Lost two 3rd set tiebreakers. Now 3-3. Ho up 6-5 in the 3rd.

We lost 3 3rd set tiebreakers and lose 4-3. That's so Wake Forest.

I counted at least 8 match points that we lost. Kudos to Texas, they played the big points better.

We lost 3 3rd set tiebreakers and lose 4-3. That's so Wake Forest.

Meh. I wish other Wake sports were in as many top 25 clashes as the men's tennis team. Not to mention that the tennis team already has wins over 8 ranked teams this year (in 12 matches).

I thought Texas looked pretty good, more like a top 15 team than their current ranking of 26. Texas also looked more comfortable dealing with the elements, which might be because it was Wake's first outdoor match this year.

We need to bounce back against Texas Tech. If we can get that one, then the Texas loss won't hurt that much

Back