• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Tennis (WS Open Starts Saturday)

Gotta keep battling, but doesn't look good. Our breakpoint and deuce point percentage is terrible tonight. Could be a 4-0 loss soon. Need to keep fighting though. College tennis matches can turn quickly.

We won one freaking set tonight. What a beating.

Tough. Great season. Best in history. Not a great showing. Oklahoma is very good, but I didn't see a 4-0 shellacking coming.

WF Tennis (Wake vs Oklahoma Friday at 8 PM)

Tough. Great season. Best in history. Not a great showing. Oklahoma is very good, but I didn't see a 4-0 shellacking coming.

Agreed. Fantastic year with an incredible run to win the ACC championship.

We were awful tonight. As several have noted, we lost nearly every deuce point. Skander had 40-0 leads on Harris serve 3 times and ended up losing each game. I think our poor play was probably a combo of OU playing well (their #1 didn't play the first two matches against them), Bogaerts injury, and playing in OK under the lights. I thought we looked pretty shaky against Michigan in the second round and that carried over to Tulsa.

I really hope UNC doesn't win it all. They looked pretty good today. I think UVA is the favorite, though they struggled some today.

One last thought - I wonder if the Deacs played too many matches this year. They looked tired this last week. OU did that last year - they were #1 all year but after playing a ton of matches they looked tired in the NCAAs. It's all about peaking at the right time.

Last edited:
Really surprising that a Wake team would under-perform with regard to seeding in an NCAA tourney. That never happens to us.

Was a tough matchup. Oklahoma was underranked because they've been playing without their #1 all year. Bad losses for us kept us from being a top 4 seed, which probably would have meant we'd still be in the tournament

WF Tennis (Wake vs Oklahoma Friday at 8 PM)

I watched all the matches last night. Unfortunately, we were terrible. We would have lost 7-0 had they played out all the matches. With the way we were playing (which includes the Michigan match) we would not have beaten any of the teams remaining in the sweet sixteen, particularly not Cal or Stanford. Bogaerts set the tone for this team as the senior leader - his injury was a major set back.

Last edited:
Seems as if our teams get overwhelmed when getting to the big stage, no matter the sport. I wonder if we have ever used sports psychologist to bolster our mental approach?

Back