• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF Tennis (WS Open Starts Saturday)

So as a non tennis fan normally, is cheating just part of the sport in college tennis? I've seen at least three calls in ten minutes where the ball was clearly in and was called out by the receiving player. Two of them weren't even close. All three were called "out"* for the point.

Yes. I'm biased but I feel our guys don't do it as much except Ho. That dude is shameless out there.

Yes. I'm biased but I feel our guys don't do it as much except Ho. That dude is shameless out there.

Okay I didn't wanna throw shade on anyone but both teams were doing it and it was to the point the second time that I was like "what the hell is going on here?"

Yeah, definitely both teams. I just saw a Wake guy call a ball that was 18 inches in out. The OU dude didn't even react. Are these guys just taught to ignore shit like that? I would think shaming the other guy Coach K style would lead to less bad calls.

not really too much intentional cheating. the guys are not right on the line so they can't always tell if it's in or out so if they think it's out but aren't sure they might call it out and then if the other guy challenges the call might get overturned. again very little intentional cheating.

hope that helps.

Lost first sets on 1, 2, 3, and 4. Not looking too hopeful as of now

Yeah, definitely both teams. I just saw a Wake guy call a ball that was 18 inches in out. The OU dude didn't even react. Are these guys just taught to ignore shit like that? I would think shaming the other guy Coach K style would lead to less bad calls.

Yeah I'm not trying to ride this, but it's all I can see. It's all over the place and is just the only thing I can focus on haha.

Fuck. Can someone explain to me how the #11 gets to play the #6 in their home state? Has this already been discussed?

All of the final 16 go to the same spot.

Wake hosting in the next few years so we can hopefully get a good crowd if we get there. I think with the incoming roster and Bresky that we're going to be making a lot of these. Still frustrating right now.

Back