• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

Sallis and the British guard can split time on the court. Can’t see them playing together except in special situations.
How could you have watched last season and still developed such a hatred of Hildreth lol. His strength as a ball handler will decide whether he's a 15mpg guy or a 25mpg guy imo. If he can run some point he'll play more. He's also physical enough and a good enough rebounder to play the 3 when we go smaller with Bobi at the 4 and AC at the 5, as is Sallis.

At the moment The British Guard is our most reliable confirmed returning player. He will get plenty of minutes next year.

How could you have watched last season and still developed such a hatred of Hildreth lol. His strength as a ball handler will decide whether he's a 15mpg guy or a 25mpg guy imo. If he can run some point he'll play more. He's also physical enough and a good enough rebounder to play the 3 when we go smaller with Bobi at the 4 and AC at the 5, as is Sallis.
when this 22 is more reasonable voice on a subject, you know the other 22 is complete off grid.

I guess everyone can breathe easier for a day or two now that Sallis has made a decision to join the Deacons. 5* players are a rare commodity at Wake and Hunter has the added benefit of being a contributing rotation player for an elite NCAA tournament team for the past two years. He was also considered an outstanding defensive player, a commodity in short supply at Wake.

I expect to see Sallis begin the year at the three. I doubt Monsanto will be ready to play. Think Forbes will put Sallis on the floor with Hildreth early to set a standard for defense. This team will not improve without a big improvement on D and those two will set the tone and expectations for how it will be played. Forbes has developed this roster for continuity for the next two years and I don't think he will suffer thru the crap D we saw last season. If/when Damari is ready, Sallis will be depth at the 1-3. Hunter will get minutes because he plays D nose to nose. Cam plays within an arms length but has the desire to improve. The value of Sallis to this team will be his influence on team defense.

defs doesn't sound like a primary ball handler
I just watched a 6-minute highlight video on YouTube and agree with that sentiment.

Link:

Definitely looks more like a long-armed big guard who is athletic as heck but may need some polishing on his handle and shot, both of which looked a bit methodical.

Really liking the direction of the roster so far. If we can bring Bobi back, get Monsanto healthy, and maybe get a rim protector, we should be challenging for a top four spot in the league.

Last edited:
Getting excited about TBG and Sallis on D. Add the way Bobi was playing late season and this team could be fun on the wing. I'll go into the season considering Monsanto to be question mark with no expectations from me.

Hildreth isn’t going to go from 32 minutes to 15. Come on now.
In the last two years, Forbes has had 9-man rotations that became 8-man rotations, but that was often due more to incompetency (Bradford and Whitt) than it seemed to be about wanting to whittle it down to 8. I think it's fair to assume we'll roll out a 9-man rotation again this year, as anything more than that is rare.

Barring injuries, one of the below guys has to come out for it to be a 9-man rotation. Jao, MMM, and the [Marsh/Keller] question seem to be the three that seem logical. I expect others (Friedrichsen especially) to play situationally especially early in the year and in comfortable games.

Guards: Boopie, Jao, Cam, Sallis
Wings: Bobi, Damari, MMM
Bigs: Transfer, Carr, [Keller/Marsh]

Back