• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

The more i see, the more i think Sallis is a just a flat-out great get. Love to see what he can do in the Forbes offense. I think Forbes can unlock another offensive level to his game.

47% from the field. Lockdown defender.

Had a couple final 4/elite 8(?) Teams with guys in front of him.

Will thrive in our system.

Would love for him to get to 33-35% from behind the arc.
The Zags offense also flowed through the post this year and last. This system will be very different and provides a lot more offensive freedom for guards and wings.

Alondes Williams only had 347 points at Oklahoma and was only a 3* recruit for OU.

The thing preventing our former transfers from reaching their potential? Not playing for Steve Forbes.

Wake Forest and Forbes have turned solid transfers into pro prospects more often than not.
Differences in system and usage also play a key role.

I definitely think it’s unfair to assign 5* expectations to Sallis but there’s absolutely a lot to like. Great size which was a priority. Played in a winning program going up against elite guys. Deep tournament experience. He should do well here.

I definitely think it’s unfair to assign 5* expectations to Sallis but there’s absolutely a lot to like. Great size which was a priority. Played in a winning program going up against elite guys. Deep tournament experience. He should do well here.
Agreed

I’m excited to see how Sallis can develop here, but it seems like a lot of posters are responding as if we just landed a 5* Freshman, when Sallis is an incoming Junior with 300 career points. Has something at Gonzaga prevented him from reaching his potential so far?
he can't shoot

Alondes Williams only had 347 points at Oklahoma and was only a 3* recruit for OU.

The thing preventing our former transfers from reaching their potential? Not playing for Steve Forbes.

Wake Forest and Forbes have turned solid transfers into pro prospects more often than not.

This. Sallis is a somethingburger.

I like how Marsh came about 12-15 total minutes played (correct?) from setting the all-time NCAA field goal percentage record by a good margin.

Came here to learn about Sallis' game and all I see is the rehashed debate about the British Bulldogs. So is this guy decent? The minimal discussion of him I can see on the last few pages makes him sound like MKG.

Came here to learn about Sallis' game and all I see is the rehashed debate about the British Bulldogs. So is this guy decent? The minimal discussion of him I can see on the last few pages makes him sound like MKG.

he's good

if he can work on his jumper, he will be great and forbes will be the man once again

I'd be interested to see the spots Sallis shot from and the situation (set, on the move, late in the clock, etc.). Feel like we do a pretty good job of getting guys to their optimal spots to get them shots in rhythm from their preferred locations. Wouldn't be surprised to see a jump in his pct. even if he doesn't exponentially increase volume.

Most stoked about him on the defensive side and in transition.

Ooo I like this
That doesn't mean I think he's necessarily going to be the best player or even best portal addition on the team next year, I just think he has a really high floor and is very likely a multi-year guy, which puts him ahead of Appleby in terms of value-add to the program. Also way less of an unknown than Boopie.

Back