• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

IF we're starting Marsh it's not a season worth emotionally investing in. I think and hope we'll land a decent but not great big that can play solid defense and will cover that position by committee between Carr, the transfer, Keller, and occasionally Marsh who I think will have a heavily diminished role next year and have more DNPs than games with 15+ minutes.
I will take the over side for Marsh.

with better rebounding from our forwards, i think we can get away with carr at center. e.g. if monsanto can make another miracle recovery and be healthy for next year, and klintman can take a big step forward, that's a viable frontcourt.

wouldn't make me feel very good about next season though, unless we get another big time transfer at guard.

He's a pretty perfect fit for what we're looking for. Manning recruited him to Winston back in '18. Shah follows him on Twitter too - not sure if it's from back then or now. No clue if he visited here or not, but my amateur guess that we could be a legit landing spot for him.

What’s the ceiling we could expect from Keller? I know there’s some kind of talent there.

good grief, Marsh is a fine player and I would be OK starting him (like this year) but it doesn't mean we can't improve at that position. Marsh has a big upside imo, nice improvements from his FR year. i just think Carr and maybe Keller will be better at the 4, rather than the 5. they can play there but both have the 3pt shot to stretch out the defense...

BUT stretching out the defense is better when you have someone that can score in the post. right now we use it solely to drive the lane and when the C moves to the ball alley-oop to March. that works also...just better if you can go after them in both ways.

Last edited:
good grief, March is a fine player and I would be OK starting him (like this year) but it doesn't mean we can't improve at that position. March has a big upside imo, nice improvements from his FR year. i just think Carr and maybe Keller will be better at the 4, rather than the 5. they can play there but both have the 3pt shot to stretch out the defense...

BUT stretching out the defense is better when you have someone that can score in the post. right now we use it solely to drive the lane and when the C moves to the ball alley-oop to March. that works also...just better if you can go after them in both ways.
Frederic March is 5'10", 125 years old, and dead, so I agree we need to upgrade from him

maybe eventually, but i doubt Monsanto is starting at the beginning of the season

marsh is fine - but there's 0 depth behind him

like literally not another center

Except Keller

Back