• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '23-'24 Roster Construction Thread: +Miller, Sallis, Reid, & Canka

Yes, the conversation did happen before the end of the season, which in turn prompted a reaction from Bradford on social media where he crossed out the Wake logo on his jersey. That also happened with those that went packing after Forbes' first year, when he had those conversations with about 3 games to go before the ACC Tourney. Forbes tells them early so they can prepare to find a next home, which is commendable. Forbes has spoken about these conversations in the past.
Needless to say, this is categorically false, and doesn't even really make any logical sense. I've zero desire to have anything remotely approaching a back-and-forth, as I've got at least a thousand better things to do, but just wanted to correct this falsehood just in case there's one or two people left on this site (or anywhere in Deacon Nation) who gives anything you say the least bit of credence (which at this point is extremely doubtful).

That's certainly a reasonable argument. Hard to win depending on your best players playing 35+ minutes almost every game.
Right, it seems like everyone forgets that Alondes was playing >35 minutes a game with a foot injury for the final 2-3 weeks of the season.

Yes, the conversation did happen before the end of the season, which in turn prompted a reaction from Bradford on social media where he crossed out the Wake logo on his jersey. That also happened with those that went packing after Forbes' first year, when he had those conversations with about 3 games to go before the ACC Tourney. Forbes tells them early so they can prepare to find a next home, which is commendable. Forbes has spoken about these conversations in the past.
Son, you need to go away, unless you are RJ, in which case we need to talk.

I assume we’ll keep recruiting transfers without taking a commitment until Bobi makes a decision.

Plenty of programs are waiting to see what players will do after the combine.

Son, you need to go away, unless you are RJ, in which case we need to talk.
Said it before and i will again.

I am biggly excited by the idea of sequestiong nj22 and inviting rj back for that one SINGLE thread.

Link or any proof that he had "the" conversation with Bradford before the season concluded?

I like the incoming talent and believe they will provide the depth and talent needed to improve as a team.

The determing factor for the success of next years team is the benefit six returning players provide. Hildreth, Carr, Monsanto, Klintman, Keller and Marsh were responsible for 108 of 165 starts last year. They supplied 49.8 points and 25.1 rebounds. It is not unreasonable to assume all will improve on last years performance individually and collectively. Forbes has not had the benefit of returning players in his time at Wake. I suspect he has recruited to ensure he has this experience returning because he has found that he can significantly improve his teams performance if it is available. I'm enthused by the incoming players, but believe the play of our returning core will determine success or failure.

Last edited:
Link or any proof that he had "the" conversation with Bradford before the season concluded?
NJDeac has ranted about the same thing happening with all the guys who left when Forbes got the job and after his first year. There is no proof of any of this.

Back