• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Hoops: '24-'25 Roster Construction Thread: +Spillers/Biliew/Cosby/Johnson/Abass

After the Stetson lost, I was like, OK, I never heard of Stetson, maybe they are secretly good this year? Presby lost did it for me. After Iowa, it was like, OK, maybe that early stuff was a fluke, but with Presbyterian it was like "I know who they are, and they really suck". Yeah, Stetson sucked worse, but I didn't know that.

Ugh Butler.

It was over spring break my senior year and some friends and I went on a habitat trip to o-fucking-cala, FL. The group went to Daytona for the day but me and my friends had them drop us off at the Ocala Ale House to drink all day and watch basketball. Wake had the noon game and by halftime we were all drunk, pissed, and didn’t want to spend anymore time at the O-fucking-cala Ale House.

Hit up Mardis gras in Savannah on the way home though with another groups of friends, which was fun.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, the last two years are an anomaly for them and their team is in shambles with transfers and decommits. We clearly, at this point, have a better team.

The last two years saved their coach his job, imo (66-56, in 4 years prior).
You do realize that our team is equally in shambles due to transfers, we haven’t come off a tournament appearance in 15 years, and our coach has not shown any ability at all to succeed in getting us to the tournament, right? What on earth would indicate that we have a better team?

Their two year “anomaly” would be the highlight of the vast majority of Wake fans’ lives. It is amazing how clueless some people are about our current utter irrelevance as a college basketball program.

You do realize that our team is equally in shambles due to transfers, we haven’t come off a tournament appearance in 15 years, and our coach has not shown any ability at all to succeed in getting us to the tournament, right? What on earth would indicate that we have a better team?

Their two year “anomaly” would be the highlight of the vast majority of Wake fans’ lives. It is amazing how clueless some people are about our current utter irrelevance as a college basketball program.
And yet... you are a ray of sunshine about Daniel Jones.

Astonishing!

OK St and WVa stand above them all as soul-crushing losses. Those were our best chances at a FF and, by God, we deserved it!
Stanford is right behind them as Duncan's last game.
The others were all painful for different reasons.
The cleveland state team was as talented as we’ve ever had.

It's always been WVU or even Saint Joe's for me. Those Chris Paul teams should've had a couple elite 8s at least...The 2005 team should've waltzed to the final four. Just oof...so much pain.

Butler was embarrassing and painful to watch, but I agree that team wasn't going to make a run, so the aftermath wasn't as painful.

Cleveland State was brutal...But still didn't touch WVU for me. I didn't really LOVE anyone on those Dino team's other than Ish. I was also an LD fan... Sure, JJ, Aminu, and Teague were incredible talents but their unbelievable individual talent never resulted in looking like a truly sustainable winning team.

Auburn loss sucked because J-Ho was second favorite Deac of all time(behind Randolph) and I wanted to see him make a run.

I was 9 when Duncan lost to Big Country, so I just cried like kids cry, but it didn't hurt like WVU.

Christ you are spineless…go jump on a bandwagon for any team that has a good season (or two). I am fully aware of where we are in stature, but I have been a Wake fan a long time. Good and bad, and fuck yes, I think we have a better team right now and we play better teams than CUSA or AAC.

Fucking hell

Christ you are spineless…go jump on a bandwagon for any team that has a good season (or two). I am fully aware of where we are in stature, but I have been a Wake fan a long time. Good and bad, and fuck yes, I think we have a better team right now and we play better teams than CUSA or AAC.

Fucking hell
You aren't a true FAN unless you DEMAND EXCELLENCE all the time.

And that includes paying Daniel Jones $160 million over 4 years. Because Mr. 2&2 defended that move by the NFL NY Giants. And we all know 2&2 doesn't settle for less than excellence...

Lol, I demand excellence but I don’t get bent out of shape when they don’t succeed. Hell, I’m a Jets fan for God’s sake!

He's not wrong

Back