• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Soccer:

He's the primary reason I'll catch as many games as I possibly can this year.

Honestly if he hadn't played college soccer and his development had started sooner at an academy in Europe somewhere I really think he's the kind of special talent that could play just about anywhere. His sense of the game is just phenomenal. It's like seeing highlight vids of standouts in basketball playing against lesser competition...but he's a freshman playing in the ACC.

And there's no reason to believe he couldn't make it to USMNT. We've had more than a few players capped, and I think he has a higher ceiling than Cronin or Parkhurst.

Anyone know details of his citizenship? Appears he went to HS in Massachusetts but his hometown is in England.

Anyone know details of his citizenship? Appears he went to HS in Massachusetts but his hometown is in England.

I assumed that Harrison is a UK citizen that went to HS in the US. Is that wrong? Would love to see Harrison play for the USMNT.

Honestly if he hadn't played college soccer and his development had started sooner at an academy in Europe somewhere I really think he's the kind of special talent that could play just about anywhere. His sense of the game is just phenomenal. It's like seeing highlight vids of standouts in basketball playing against lesser competition...but he's a freshman playing in the ACC.

And there's no reason to believe he couldn't make it to USMNT. We've had more than a few players capped, and I think he has a higher ceiling than Cronin or Parkhurst.

I think his development did start sooner at an academy in Europe? He's still no Serge Daniv. Serge's knees were already done by the time he got to Wake though, unfortunately. He is still the GOAT.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/jack-ha...orade-national-boys-soccer-player-of-the-year

A native of Darwen, England, and a product of the Manchester United Youth Academy, Harrison becomes only the second Massachusetts athlete to win Gatorade national honors in any sport, joining retired MLS defender Pat Phelan (Wilbraham & Monson), who won in 2003-04 before leading Wake Forest to a NCAA championship in 2007.

Last edited:
I doubt he will ever even think about playing for the USMNT. He won't stay around in this country long enough to get an American passport.

He played in Manchester United's academy.

He has discussed dual citizenship before IIRC.

He played in the Manchester United Youth Academy for 7 years before boarding school in New England. I think it was pretty surprising to most people that he didn't go pro out of HS, but he hasn't really talked publicly about his plans after this season. His mom is apparently pretty supportive of the idea of dual citizenship.

I doubt he will ever even think about playing for the USMNT. He won't stay around in this country long enough to get an American passport.

Could he play for England? If not, then why wouldn't he consider playing for USMNT?

He has discussed dual citizenship before IIRC.

He played in the Manchester United Youth Academy for 7 years before boarding school in New England. I think it was pretty surprising to most people that he didn't go pro out of HS, but he hasn't really talked publicly about his plans after this season. His mom is apparently pretty supportive of the idea of dual citizenship.

And he seemingly brought it up on my own. Interesting. Hadn't seen this until I just google searched him talking about the issue.

Q: No kidding around: When are the Three Lions (England’s national team) going to win another FIFA World Cup, and will Team USA win one first?
A: I wouldn’t push against the U.S., they’re a good side. But as patriotic as I am, I have to root for England. However, it just doesn’t seem likely England will win in the near future. Me and my mom have discussed dual citizenship. I don’t think she’d mind if I ended up playing for the U.S. National Team someday if that were fortunate enough to happen. But my friends in England would be all over me.
http://usatodayhss.com/2015/gatorad...he-manu-system-and-the-uks-world-cup-fortunes

Don't see Politz or Gamble. Can't tell if they're dressed in the bench.

Back