• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What no Hero World Challenge thread?

17 other players and the talking heads only want to talk about Mr. DFL. First tee shot, hooked out of bounds. LMAO.

I love Wilbon but every year now he comes out defending Tiger. In a couple of weeks, the blinded-by-past-glory pundits will once again play "how many majors will Tiger win THIS year?" It's pathetic. There is so much parity in golf right now- any one of 10-15 guys can win every weekend. It's great. When we can stop focusing on a guy struggling to make a cut, it'll be even better.

Hey 94 and OP, why don't you just post about golf instead of talking about the guy you are so fed up with the pundits talking about?

Hey 94 and OP, why don't you just post about golf instead of talking about the guy you are so fed up with the pundits talking about?

Who said I was fed up with the "pundits." My post was about the return to golf of the greatest player of all time. I thought it was worth a thread.

17 other players and the talking heads only want to talk about Mr. DFL. First tee shot, hooked out of bounds. LMAO.

I love Wilbon but every year now he comes out defending Tiger. In a couple of weeks, the blinded-by-past-glory pundits will once again play "how many majors will Tiger win THIS year?" It's pathetic. There is so much parity in golf right now- any one of 10-15 guys can win every weekend. It's great. When we can stop focusing on a guy struggling to make a cut, it'll be even better.

They'll probably stop focusing on him when he stops increasing ratings.

I've clicked on this thread about 4 times now, and each time I thought it was about some new Japanese Game Show.

Saw the lowlights in SC. He deceled on 4 chips. 4. I've never deceled more than twice in a round.

I'll bet you would if you were playing on TV for $3.5m. Assuming you could even hold on to the club.

No, I was just fooling with that poster. It is a bit harder when they all count. But as for Tiger, his game stinks. It is laughable when they talk about him beating Jack's record. As for pressure, his play on the weekends has been particularly bad. His putting is much worse. He leaves a lot of putts short and on the low side. I do think pressure has an effect on him--when he was good he thrived on it. No more.

I'll bet you would if you were playing on TV for $3.5m. Assuming you could even hold on to the club.

No. I'm a pretty good chipper and putter. Now I'd easily hook or slice a couple of drives OB and hit a couple of ground balls up the middle with long irons.

But any pro deceling on 4 chips in 1 round has got to be some kind of record. Even TC Chen just TC Chenned once that round.

No, I was just fooling with that poster. It is a bit harder when they all count. But as for Tiger, his game stinks. It is laughable when they talk about him beating Jack's record. As for pressure, his play on the weekends has been particularly bad. His putting is much worse. He leaves a lot of putts short and on the low side. I do think pressure has an effect on him--when he was good he thrived on it. No more.

I agree Tiger sucked last year and his putting was the worst I've ever seen it. He shouldn't have even tried to play with that bad back, and the way too early comeback was just painful to watch. Dude should have just packed it in for the year. But I wouldn't say it's laughable about beating Jack's record quite yet. The year before he did win 5 times and might have won the Masters had he not hit that pin on 15 and incurred multiple penalty strokes. If he can stay healthy, I do think he'll overtake Sam Snead in the next couple of years, but Jack's major record is looking safer than it did a few years ago.

I've clicked on this thread about 4 times now, and each time I thought it was about some new Japanese Game Show.
I still don't know who is playing in the event or even leading. I could probably get in my car and be there in less than 3 hours to see for myself before there's a post in this thread about a golfer other than Tiger.

Back