• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What no Hero World Challenge thread?

why wouldn't you buy that? It stands to reason that a change in the mechanics of the swing changes his feel/technique on the shorter shots too. It's a matter and practice and repetition. He's going to be in good form come the real season. He won't dominate, but much much improved over last season. He looks much freer over the ball.

why wouldn't you buy that? It stands to reason that a change in the mechanics of the swing changes his feel/technique on the shorter shots too. It's a matter and practice and repetition. He's going to be in good form come the real season. He won't dominate, but much much improved over last season. He looks much freer over the ball.

I'm nowhere near that level, but if I'm trying to do something different with my full swings, whether it's stance, grip or backswing, that doesn't affect how I play a bunker shot or chip. On a few of those chunks, it looked like Tiger deceled, and on a few it looked like he just didn't anticipate how hard he'd have to hit it to make it over the crest of the green. That type of stuff is more due to a lack of feel, practice and competitive rounds. If he's changed his chipping technique, I'd love to know what he's doing differently. For a pro who has missed the last few months due to injury, it's not astonishing to see a couple of chunked chips or mishit long shots. At the Crown International this past Summer, I saw Yani Tseng chunk a couple of bunker shots - it happens. But the sheer number of chili dips that Tiger had this weekend is really mind blowing.

You are right. To say that his chipping is affected by his new swing mechanics is simply stupid.

Kool-Aid: The Official Drink of PGA Tiger fans

I'm no Tiger fan but I know when a golfer looks like his game is improving. Although to be fair, it really couldn't have gotten any worse than last year.

I'm no Tiger fan but I know when a golfer looks like his game is improving. Although to be fair, it really couldn't have gotten any worse than last year.

To be fair, it looked like he was hitting the ball much better and was getting good distance on his drives. So if he can stay healthy, continue to hit it like that and fix his short game, he'll contend plenty next year. But he needs to spend more practice time on his short game.

Tiger Woods had arguably the best short game in the world for the last decade. It's what kept him on top when he got to spraying it all over the yard under Haney. I think he'll be fine when he gets around to practicing a bit more. No doubt he's spent the last few weeks working on his long game. I liked what I saw in his swing. It actually looked like he knew where it was heading off the tee.

I am rooting like crazy for a Tiger-Rory showdown at St. Andrews.

If the wind stays down at St. Andrews, the winning score could be in the -20s. That's also the 1 British Open venue where Bubba could contend. I'd also like DJ's chances there, and he's contended in the Open before.

do you understand why people have strong opinions about lebron?

so since you don't anymore you don't understand why other people do?

so weird....

Think he yacked yesterday.. Not sure about today.
And you're right about Spieth.. No one amazing skill but a lot of really really good ones.

Jordan's short-game is quickly entering into the "amazing skill" category. And if there were a statistical measurement for "sack", his would be off the charts.

He should be right in the thick of things again at Augusta.

Back