• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Super Bowl help needed - Should I like Ray Lewis/pull for Ravens?

Gid89

Reaction score
I need help figuring out who to pull for Sunday. I don't care about the Niners or Ravens either way. The compelling story line is the whole Ray Lewis retirement thing. I appreciate how good he is, his leadership, and what appears to be his conversion to Chrisitianity. I've seen video of his very moving locker room speeches. But, I'm having a hard time getting past his apparent involvement in a murder years ago.

Please convince me one way or the other whether I should pull for Ray and the Ravens Sunday.

Ray Lewis is full of shit, and I'll be cheering for the 49ers for that reason alone.

Ray Lewis was a high profile player at the U (so a 99.9% chance that he was violating NCAA rules), covered up a still unsolved murder, and is now taking banned substances because he knows he is at the end of his last year so can't be suspended. He is pretty easy to root against.

Even disregarding the whole "he helped murder someone" bit, I don't understand how someone could watch his bullshit antics and actually be a fan of his. He's terrible in every way imaginable.

love me some ray ray. go ravens.

He is one of those where you either love him or hate him. I personally love him because I am a die hard Ravens fan, but if I didn't have a dog in this fight I believe I would still pull for the Ravens because I wouldnt wanna see Jim Harbaugh win. He is such a dick with all of his on field antics.

Not pulling for anyone here. Just going to watch the game and drink some beer. Don't particularly like Ray Ray but I'm not going to pull against him. I'm getting old. Don't give a shit really about games that don't involve my teams (Wake & Philly).

He is one of those where you either love him or hate him. I personally love him because I am a die hard Ravens fan, but if I didn't have a dog in this fight I believe I would still pull for the Ravens because I wouldnt wanna see Jim Harbaugh win. He is such a dick with all of his on field antics.

If he is a dick, then Ray Lewis is this guy
images

If you find yourself rooting for Ted Kennedy, OJ Simpson and Robert Blake; then Ray Ray is your guy!

Even disregarding the whole "he helped murder someone" bit, I don't understand how someone could watch his bullshit antics and actually be a fan of his. He's terrible in every way imaginable.

He is.a.bad.person. He'll pull an OJ, and get caught doing something else bad. Just wait.

Ray Lewis was a high profile player at the U (so a 99.9% chance that he was violating NCAA rules), covered up a still unsolved murder, and is now taking banned substances because he knows he is at the end of his last year so can't be suspended. He is pretty easy to root against.

All of this, plus Joe Looney plays for the 49ers, so pull for the team with a Deacon on it.

No player is greater than the team. There are 52 other guys on the Ravens plus coaching staff etc. Jim Harbaugh is the guy who, up by 44 with 5 to go in game against Wake, challenged a meaningless call. Bitched about officiating in Winston. Coach Caldwell is the Ravens OC and is a good man. Go Ravens. Despite Reverend Stabsalot.

I'm with the OP. Don't like Ray Lewis, was going with the Niners. Then Culliver opened his idiotic mouth, so I'm not pulling for him either. Baltimore fans probably need it more than Bay Area fans, maybe that will be my reasoning.

All of this, plus Joe Looney plays for the 49ers, so pull for the team with a Deacon on it.

Normally this is absolutely my mantra. However, Joe hasn't played in a single game this season. Not even a snap. And he's basically 4th string. Still, it's a tough call.

I'm with the OP. Don't like Ray Lewis, was going with the Niners. Then Culliver opened his idiotic mouth, so I'm not pulling for him either. Baltimore fans probably need it more than Bay Area fans, maybe that will be my reasoning.

You think Reverend Ray likes gay people? Okay.

Back