• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Super Bowl help needed - Should I like Ray Lewis/pull for Ravens?

What? When was the last Super Bowl snoozefest? Last year was a very good game, the previous year of GB and Pitt was a very good game. Year before that was Saints Indy which was very good. Year before that was Pitt/ARI which was a great game. Year before that was NYG NE which was one of the best super bowls ever. The last bad super bowl was the TB/OAK one from a decade ago.

And even that was pretty entertaining. Raiders made a rally then a couple pick sixes really drove up the margin of victory.

Ravens-Giants has been the only true stinker since the turn of the century. I'd put Steelers-Seahawks second

You have a very low standard as to what makes a "good game" if you don't think that both Steelers-Seahawks and Colts-Bears weren't complete suckfests

Completely blocked those two shit fests out. More recently mainly last 5 have been very good.

I like Flacco and Gentleman Jim. Pulling for the Ravens' offense and against Ravens' defense. High scoring game with both qbs lighting it up and Flacco coming out on top. I hope Lewis' arm falls off trying to tackle Kap.

So jerk>despicable? I can go with that. I still think we have to pull for Caldwell.

Surprised by all the Ravens hate. Franchise has been around since 1999 with this being their second Super Bowl. Pretty damn impressive. They are a solid team every year with some great personalities. To each his own, I guess.

Ideally, there would be a big pileup near the 49ers sideline and Ray Lewis would try to jump on the pile way after the whistle so he could get credited for another solo tackle. He would fly off the pile, and right into Jim Harbaugh's knees, because he had run 50 yards down the sideline to bitch to the refs about the clock or something like that. Jim would break his leg, getting compartment syndrome in his thigh and needing to have his leg amputated because he refused to go to the hospital because he would have to leave the sideline. And Ray Lewis would separate his shoulder and be out for the game (and his career).

That's what I'm pulling for.

Ideally, there would be a big pileup near the 49ers sideline and Ray Lewis would try to jump on the pile way after the whistle so he could get credited for another solo tackle. He would fly off the pile, and right into Jim Harbaugh's knees, because he had run 50 yards down the sideline to bitch to the refs about the clock or something like that. Jim would break his leg, getting compartment syndrome in his thigh and needing to have his leg amputated because he refused to go to the hospital because he would have to leave the sideline. And Ray Lewis would separate his shoulder and be out for the game (and his career).

That's what I'm pulling for.

It must be hard to balance your hate for Culliver with your love for SF.

Technically the franchise has been around since 1946.

Technically its been around since 1996.

They don't share the same lineage as the old Cleveland Browns. That lineage and history stayed in Cleveland.

They don't share the same lineage as the old Cleveland Browns. That lineage and history stayed in Cleveland.

My bad 1996. I knew they didn't share the history.

No, the franchise has been around since 1946. Art Model owned the franchise in Cleveland. He moved the franchise to Baltimore, where he continued to own it. The NFL simply took away rights to Browns name, logo, etc. But they didn't take away his franchise and give him another.

No, the franchise has been around since 1946. Art Model owned the franchise in Cleveland. He moved the franchise to Baltimore, where he continued to own it. The NFL simply took away rights to Browns name, logo, etc. But they didn't take away his franchise and give him another.

The National Football League (who is the only party that matters in this) disagrees with you. The Baltimore Ravens do not share the same lineage as the old Cleveland Browns. Its an entirely different franchise.

Must of missed that Baltimore Ravens' expansion draft. You know, what new teams do.

Must of missed that Baltimore Ravens' expansion draft. You know, what new teams do.

This. Players played for the Browns one year then the Ravens the next.

Ozzie Newsome was a front office guy with the Browns, then the Ravens then the GM. Same team just different colors and official history.

Well, I'm in with taking the Ravens with the points, the under, and the tie breaker with my tailgate bro is I have the Ravens getting the flip for the tie breaker. Who gives a shit. I'm in it for the commericals.

Don't really care. I'm not a fan of Ray Lewis and his highly published farewell tour plus his injury recovery is questionable at best. I like both QBs and the starting RBs in the game. The brothers both have their positives and negatives so no preference for one over the other except Jim was an ass while at Stanford. I'll ultimately root for SF since Kaepernick intrigues me the most but I feel the Ravens will win.

Well, thanks everyone for your input. Let me recap what's been posted...
Ravens 12
Niners 18
Neutral 5
Dowton Abbey 1
Arguments over whether Ravens are the Browns 1
Arguments over definition of a bad Super Bowl 1

And now I weigh the arguments

For Ravens - Harbaugh is a jerk
Caldwell
Flacco underrated

Against Ravens - Ray is a clown
Looney (bit part however)
Bad Old Spice commercial
Ray is a murderer

On a personal note, I really liked BeachBum's reply and I'm humbled that the esteemed PhDeac posted on my thread.

Last chance to vote...I'm leaning Niners but polls are still open.

Last edited:
Back