• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Super Bowl help needed - Should I like Ray Lewis/pull for Ravens?

Torn between the 49'ers tying Steelers with 6 SB wins, and my disgust for Bravens. Hairbaugh hate cancels out, so I'll hope for Suggs to get butt raped, and the Baltimore Browns to win.

I feel like Joe Flacco doesn't get enough respect as a QB so I'm pulling for the Ravens.

Not only did Ray Lewis cover up a double murder but he left two men in the street to bleed to death.

I mean if he lied to cops or hid a weapon that is still awful, but he left two guys to die.

Not only did Ray Lewis cover up a double murder but he left two men in the street to bleed to death.

I mean if he lied to cops or hid a weapon that is still awful, but he left two guys to die.

Yeah, but he meant well. I mean, Jesus was crucified because of a snitch, right? So Rev. Ray Ray is keepin' it real.

I'm a diehard Ravens fan and season ticket holder. And I've been through all the Ray Ray murder stuff on other threads from time to time. I get the Ravens and other fans who love him and the opposing fans who hate him. On the 1 hand, he has touched a lot of lives in the Balmur area and is the best MLB to have played the game. On the other, while I believe he is authentic with his religious beliefs, he is over the top with much of his behavior and quite the ham and attention hound - you never want to be between him and a camera. He's far from my favorite Raven, though I have certainly appreciated his dedication to the game and watching him over the years.

There are a lot of other Ravens to like, though: T Sizzle is hilarious, Haloti Ngata is a beast, Michael Oher, Boldin, Torrey Smith, Flacco, Rice, Yanda, Pitta and Webb to name several. Ed Reed is also 1 of the all-time greats at FS, though he's crazy as a loon. And Ayenbadejo has done a great job championing gay marriage. As we all know, Caldwell is a great guy and Harbs is way more likeable than his brother. And we have a great front office with Bisciotti as owner, and Ozzie Newsome and Eric DeCosta running personnel.

As for the Niners, I never disliked them, though didn't love them, during their glory years. They've done a great job drafting in recent years and probably have the best combined line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball in the game (which is why I think they'll win). The only player they have who I don't like is Moss, maybe Crabtree too. And Harbs part deux made the right call going with Kaepernick this year - the kid has been great. Harbs part deux really is an ass, though. He's up there with Belichick for being the easiest to hate coaches in the game.

Hard for me to think who I'd root for if I were detached. I'd prolly root for whoever I had $$ on. Or against Jim Harbaugh.

Not sure how anyone could watch Ray Lewis over the last few weeks and still root for the Ravens.

Of course, I'm a Pats fan.

love me some ray ray. go ravens.
Yup.

ray-lewis-ap_606.jpg

I don't care who wins, as long as the game is freaking enjoyable. Too many snoozefest Super Bowls, IMO.

Jim Caldwell's done a great job since taking over as OC. He had some great 2nd half adjustments in the Pats game.

Ray is a fucking monster on the field. I don't give a flying fuck about outside of that, because he has simply been entertaining to watch his entire career.

Probably doesn't help that I don't trust the media 100%... And Purple is an awesome color.

Ravens.

Ray is a fucking monster on the field. I don't give a flying fuck about outside of that, because he has simply been entertaining to watch his entire career.

Probably doesn't help that I don't trust the media 100%... And Purple is an awesome color.

Ravens.

OJ Simpson and Rae Carruth appreciate your sentiments. Well, maybe just OJ.

I don't care who wins, as long as the game is freaking enjoyable. Too many snoozefest Super Bowls, IMO.

What? When was the last Super Bowl snoozefest? Last year was a very good game, the previous year of GB and Pitt was a very good game. Year before that was Saints Indy which was very good. Year before that was Pitt/ARI which was a great game. Year before that was NYG NE which was one of the best super bowls ever. The last bad super bowl was the TB/OAK one from a decade ago.

From Bill Simmons' column today:

When Bertrand Berry and Ty Warren suffered a complete tear of their triceps, it took them six months to recover. When Arizona left tackle Levi Brown suffered a complete tear of his triceps in August 2012, the Cardinals immediately put him on their season-ending injured list. When Ray Lewis suffered a complete tear of his triceps in mid-October, we thought he was finished for the season … only he returned to action a little more than two months later. During the third month of his "recovery," he made 17 tackles in a double-overtime playoff game in Denver. In 13-degree weather. At age 37.

I believe that Ray Lewis cheated. I believe that to be true based on circumstantial evidence, his age, his overcompetitiveness, the history of that specific injury, and the fact that his "recovery" made my shit detector start vibrating like a chainsaw.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8904906/daring-ask-ped-question

What? When was the last Super Bowl snoozefest? Last year was a very good game, the previous year of GB and Pitt was a very good game. Year before that was Saints Indy which was very good. Year before that was Pitt/ARI which was a great game. Year before that was NYG NE which was one of the best super bowls ever. The last bad super bowl was the TB/OAK one from a decade ago.

You have a very low standard as to what makes a "good game" if you don't think that both Steelers-Seahawks and Colts-Bears weren't complete suckfests

As much as I can't stand Ray Lewis I like Jim Harbaugh even less. I will be rooting for the Ravens.

Back