• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Super Bowl help needed - Should I like Ray Lewis/pull for Ravens?

Well, thanks everyone for your input. Let me recap what's been posted...
Ravens 12
Niners 18
Neutral 5
Dowton Abbey 1
Arguments over whether Ravens are the Browns 1
Arguments over definition of a bad Super Bowl 1

And now I weigh the arguments

For Ravens - Harbaugh is a jerk
Caldwell
Flacco underrated

Against Ravens - Ray is a clown
Looney (bit part however)
Bad Old Spice commercial
Ray is a murderer

On a personal note, I really liked BeachBum's reply and I'm humbled that the esteemed PhDeac posted on my thread.

Last chance to vote...I'm leaning Niners but polls are still open.

Ed Reed needs a ring. Ngata needs a ring. Probably Ravens last shot realistically for a couple years as they are getting old. This is Ravens year. The next 5 are the 49ers.

Ed Reed needs a ring. Ngata needs a ring. Probably Ravens last shot realistically for a couple years as they are getting old. This is Ravens year. The next 5 are the 49ers.

Next year we'll have 2 starters over 30 - Sizzle and Boldin (assuming we're able to get Boldin to restructure in order to sign Flacco, Oher and Ellerbe long term). Reed, Ray and Birk will be gone, not sure about McKinnie if he comes back on the cheap. But yeah, next year will be a bit of a transition year with more young guys being given a chance to start. But you're right about San Fran - they should be loaded for the next few years. They've been drafting quite well.

Ray Lewis is indeed a piece of shit:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com...nder-that-ray-lewis-is-a-terrible-person.html

He started the Ray Lewis Foundation in 2002, but the group lost its IRS tax-exempt status because it failed to file tax returns for three years.

He opened the similarly named Ray Lewis Family Foundation in 2010.

The organization’s biggest events are giveaways of school supplies and food. But most of the loot is donated by businesses, such as Walmart.

Back