• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing gun violence/injury thread

How long until one of these rent a cops leaves their gun unattended and a student steals it and uses it. Probably very soon.

Yes, and the GOP response will be "Oh, the kids are taking the rent a cop's guns and shooting people? Let's provide armed bodyguards for the rent a cops! We can hire retired Marines to protect retired Army vets who are protecting our schools. Guns for everybody!"

Why would you think the photo is fake? It's one of several taken by AP photographer Carolyn Kaster.

i would think the photo is fake because the notes are like something out of a south park episode

So, my 9 year old daughter had a dream last night that she and a couple of her friends were shot at school. She said there was enough time to save them, but not her.

"And then my dream went blank"

I know that on the scale of trauma surrounding gun violence this barely registers, but it really sucks that this is taking up brain space in your kid.

Looks like the NRA really listened to those kids and parents last night.

So, my 9 year old daughter had a dream last night that she and a couple of her friends were shot at school. She said there was enough time to save them, but not her.

I know that on the scale of trauma surrounding gun violence this barely registers, but it really sucks that this is taking up brain space in your kid.

That's heart breaking.

Yea this is gutwrenching.

My 4 year old came home from pre-k last week and told me his teachers talked to them about staying away from guns and telling a parent/teacher if they ever find one.

It's crazy how bizarre some of the "solutions" to this problem are getting. Some of them don't even take budget or even practically into account and they're still horrible ideas.

Why would you think the photo is fake? It's one of several taken by AP photographer Carolyn Kaster.

Looks like he has some Duke "basketball fans" working for him. They need notes, too.

6a0105369e6edf970b01bb09f52d43970d-800wi

Letter to W-SJ yesterday

—————
TRACY STOTTLER, Kernersville

Fix it

We fixed the part of the Constitution that allowed slavery.

We fixed the part of the Constitution that said women couldn’t vote.

Now it’s time to fix the part that (some people believe) allows private citizens to own weapons capable of mass slaughter.
—————

well, two school districts in my area have been shut down the past two days due to 'social media' threats to the middle and elementary schools. so that's cool.

chatted with my HS teacher buddy about arming teachers; he finds the idea idiotic, of course. we were thinking about our own HS experience and picturing which, if any, teachers would've opted to carry and how comfortable we'd be. the only two were wrestling coach/gym teacher and the football coach/metal shop teacher, one of whom was dismissed for inappropriate behavior with students and the other a gigantic macho toolbag

Back