• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Ad in Gboro N&R, Day 4 = HEADSHOT

I agree with sticking with Wake stats:

Thursday: Jeff [Redacted]'s Conference Record: 11 - 39 (.220)
Friday: Jeff [Redacted]'s Conference Road Record: 1 - 24 (.040)
Saturday: Jeff [Redacted]'s Conference Tournament Record: 1 - 8 (.111)
Sunday: ?

His overall record and/or his record in Feb/March.

It's actually quite funny/sad how many awful stats we have at our disposal to choose from. That's another reason why I like the new stat every day idea.

So with VT's design...

Thursday: Wake Deserves Better. Fire Jeff [Redacted]
Friday: Jeff [Redacted]'s Conference Record: 11 - 39 (.220)
Saturday: Jeff [Redacted]'s Conference Road Record: 1 - 24 (.040)
Sunday: ?

I like this...

This season where we went 0-9 in conference the average outcome was a 15.33 point loss.

The other option is to run statistics on the first three days, and then on Sunday...

"I'm not going to say we've hit rock bottom" - Jeff [Redacted]

Sunday: Fire Ron Wellman too, by the way. He brought us [Redacted] on his own.

Maybe Sunday should repeat the Thursday "fire [Redacted]" or just be his overall record which is I believe, the worst of any wake coach who has been here more than one year

Here is my idea

8552201588_668b477461_b.jpg

We are entitled to a coach who can win more than 1 road game in 3 years.

That may be true. But it sounds whiny and plays to the stereotype of Wake as a bunch of entitled good 'ol boys. I'd lean towards something like "Wake can do better"

What total has been raised thus far?

Use "Wake" in the ad and stick to stats from wake forest. The first day should be something like "wake deserves better. Fire Jeff [Redacted]" with the firebz website and the #buzzout. This is simple and everyone will get it. Run three different stats the next three days. Once the Thursday one is there and clear "fire Jeff [Redacted]" from wake fans, people will check back the next day to see what's there. There needs to be a "wake deserves better, fire Jeff [Redacted]" on day one IMO to get people talking about it. We need to be short and clear

20fvz3p.jpg

:noidea:

God I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with knight. You need to run an ad with the word "wake" in it.

So, just to be clear, you guys are about to spend $1,000+ dollars on an ad that at least one lawyer with IP experience is offering free legal advice on - but you're going to handicap yourselves by eliminating from your ad the strongest tie you have?

Ok.

For the record, I am 100% BuzzOut - but be sensible. Lawyers, as horrible a yolk as they are, exist for a reason.

I think the obvious point is that this needs to be in 24 hours from now - do you really feel like arguing with the paper right now? If they say no, it's no. Let's move on... we can still use "Wake"... who cares?

So, just to be clear, you guys are about to spend $1,000+ dollars on an ad that at least one lawyer with IP experience is offering free legal advice on - but you're going to handicap yourselves by eliminating from your ad the strongest tie you have?

Ok.

For the record, I am 100% BuzzOut - but be sensible. Lawyers, as horrible a yolk as they are, exist for a reason.

Surely this is covered in fair use and as free speech. Its not slanderous, just facts and opinion. Don't go and infringe any copyrights or trademarks though.

God I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with knight. You need to run an ad with the word "wake" in it.

Didn't we already say we would run the word "Wake"... if the paper says no "Wake Forest", we really don't have time to get all lawyered up on them... they'll turn around and say "You know what, nevermind - the space is filled". Just go with Wake and get it done.

20fvz3p.jpg

Perfect. Run this on Thursday...

Except I would change it to "Paid for by over 200 Wake Fans..."

Think the only context in which I'm comfortable using "deserves" (especially in an ad outside of Winston-Salem) would be with the players being the subject.

That's not our best bet if we're looking for this thing to be spread by people who aren't fans of Wake Forest.

Back