• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Ad in Gboro N&R, Day 4 = HEADSHOT

To be fair, I'm not looking at it to be "spread" by non-Wake Forest fans. I want people to know that as a group of Wake Forest fans, we feel that we deserve a better coach than Jeff [Redacted]. Nothing at all wrong with using that word.

Its people outside of the Wake community who will ultimately make Wellman feel the pressure. He doesn't want to feel embarrased around his peers. This is runing during the tournament, the one time when ACC fans are all in the same place. "Deserves" sounds like we are a group of bratty spoiled entitled fancy pants who are demanding a new coach served to them on a silver platter.

Its people outside of the Wake community who will ultimately make Wellman feel the pressure. He doesn't want to feel embarrased around his peers. This is runing during the tournament, the one time when ACC fans are all in the same place. "Deserves" sounds like we are a group of bratty spoiled entitled fancy pants who are demanding a new coach served to them on a silver platter.

So what's a better option?

Do you not think we DESERVE better?

Haha that's so ridiculous, but I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree... you can't look me in the eye and tell me that any school would not feel like it deserves a better coach than Jeff [Redacted]. For you to jump to "bratty spoiled entitled fancy pants... blah blah... silver platter." from the word "deserves" is just a littleeeee bit of an overreaction - in my opinion of course.

and I don't even get the point about his "peers" - who are his peers, the other ADs in the conference? You think by putting the word deserves, he gains back all the credibility of this disgustingly piss poor hire.

Imagine [Redacted] coaching at any of the 300+ division I basketball schools. Nearly all of them would deserve better.

And it toes the subjective barrier that I don't like FireBz.com to touch.

Running that Ad in W-S or the OG&B would be one thing... this is a bit of a different audience.

I do agree that putting pressure on Wellman has to become the focus #BuzzOut now rather than exposure.

Is Dan still silent on all of this?

Yes and no. He hasn't addressed it specifically. One would think his take on Wake would include an ad calling to fire the coach going viral in several national media outlets.

He did have this to say in his Saturday column:

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_9f12d6c6-88da-11e2-83a7-0019bb30f31a.html

The last three seasons of Wake basketball have been hard on everybody. And there have been times when the inevitable animus and rancor that has accompanied the Deacons' free fall down the pecking order of ACC teams has absolutely worn me out.

I understand the outcry. Who among us take that much losing well? But I'm by nature a positive guy who spends way too much of my time these days dog-paddling in a sea of negativity.

And if all the bad energy has affected me that much, I had to wonder how the players deal with it daily. To me, it's a job. To them, it's not just their life, but their hopes and dreams as well. It's who they are, or at least who they want to be.

The players and coaches take the brunt of all the vitriol and ill will that bubbles up with each passing loss. And of all the players on Wake's roster, no one has taken more of the brunt than the lone senior who has survived it all, C.J. Harris.

Over 200 and you can say "hundreds."
I still think there's room for his conference road blunders.

Running that Ad in W-S or the OG&B would be one thing... this is a bit of a different audience.

I do agree that putting pressure on Wellman has to become the focus #BuzzOut now rather than exposure.

Well you guys can put what you want - there is nothing wrong with "Wake deserves better" - nothing at all. It's not exactly PC to come to a game holding up signs across from Wellman and be interviewed on television as well... but you did. To get crazy about the word deserves doesn't add up - but again, you are designing it. You can put whatever you want.

So what's a better option?

Do you not think we DESERVE better?

I posted this already. But "Wake can do better", for example, is better. Its all about how it sounds. "can do" or something like it, has a positive connotation. "Deserves" is playing the victim card. And nobody likes the guy who plays the victim card.

As an outside observer/fan of another team who hangs out over here a lot I think you guys should stick with facts. The conference/road records are absolutely mind blowing, I knew it was awful but I had no idea it was that bad. .040%? holy shit.

Yes and no. He hasn't addressed it specifically. One would think his take on Wake would include an ad calling to fire the coach going viral in several national media outlets.

He did have this to say in his Saturday column:

http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wf...cle_9f12d6c6-88da-11e2-83a7-0019bb30f31a.html

The last three seasons of Wake basketball have been hard on everybody. And there have been times when the inevitable animus and rancor that has accompanied the Deacons' free fall down the pecking order of ACC teams has absolutely worn me out.

I understand the outcry. Who among us take that much losing well? But I'm by nature a positive guy who spends way too much of my time these days dog-paddling in a sea of negativity.

And if all the bad energy has affected me that much, I had to wonder how the players deal with it daily. To me, it's a job. To them, it's not just their life, but their hopes and dreams as well. It's who they are, or at least who they want to be.

The players and coaches take the brunt of all the vitriol and ill will that bubbles up with each passing loss. And of all the players on Wake's roster, no one has taken more of the brunt than the lone senior who has survived it all, C.J. Harris.

He is wrong about the players taking the vitriol

If we're not being subjective, what's the point of running the ad? I don't really see the purpose of an ad that does nothing but point out [Redacted]'s coaching record. The point is that we want/need/deserve a better coach.

I posted this already. But "Wake can do better", for example, is better. Its all about how it sounds. "can do" or something like it, has a positive connotation. "Deserves" is playing the victim card. And nobody likes the guy who plays the victim card.

So if a newspaper wanted to interview you about this article, the advertisement, everything... and the reporter said "TwentyONE, do you think Wake Forest deserves better?" - you would really say, "Well no we don't deserve better, but we can do better?" - I don't think you would... you would say "Hell yes I think we deserve better" and if you wouldn't mind saying it if a reporter asked you, what's wrong with running it as an advertisement.

"Wake 'can do' better" doesn't seem to convey the same restlessness or disgust as "deserves".

And "can do better" is true of any team that isn't winning the championship every season....deserves hammers home the point that we should NEVER be in cellar of the ACC like we have been the last 3 years.

Back