• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Ad in Gboro N&R, Day 4 = HEADSHOT

I just donated $10.00. Now I want complete creative control over the process.

Alright. Opinions on using:

A- the six year road record stat 2-47 (.041)

or

B- the three year road record stat 1-24 (.040)?

This is a tough call.

I like the fact that the six year stat makes it less about Wake's players. The combined stats have been well received by the media thus far. Still think B is cleaner. I'm split 50/50 on this one.

100% keep it to the Wake record. Including his Colorado record but not his Air Force record cheapens the message and comes off as cherry picking stats.

you know what helps players feel better? Winning.

Run it however. Just run it. The point is Buzzout, not demanding or deserving or whatever. Don't get lost in minutiae.

#Bzzout is great, but the vast majority of people who see this ad are not going to know what that means, or who it's about. We need people to know that we're talking about Wake Forest basketball.

#Bzzout is great, but the vast majority of people who see this ad are not going to know what that means, or who it's about. We need people to know that we're talking about Wake Forest basketball.

#BuzzOut is still raising awareness just as we raise awareness for the hashtag. It isn't good enough on its own, but it does compliment the message well. If we want to keep this going on social media, then some hashtag is needed, IMO.

If you're at the ACC tournament, and you can't tell from VT's ad what it is in reference to - you are a moron.
Anyway, all it takes is 2 seconds to load www.firebz.com on your phone and get the whole story...

as someone else said, get ready for traffic to increase.

Again, we'll agree to disagree. I think you are getting hung up on one word and overly sensitive about what others think of an average Wake Forest student/fan is. People are going to see four days of advertisements on a major newspaper at the ACC tournament, and you really think criticism is going to come from one word on the first day?

... and to me "Wake can do better" sounds childish and not as fiery as "deserves" - come on guys, we're running an advertisement calling for this guy to be fired from his professional job - the job that supports his family and children, puts food on his table (yes even though it's a lot of money). That's pretty bad if you ask me, and yes I'm still all for it - lose the sensitivity with what others "might think"...

... and you lose credibility by saying "Demand" doesn't sound much worse than "Deserves". Really?

One word can make a big difference. Most mistakes are made in advertising and communications by rushing to the presses. Think it through, sleep on it, think it through again, decide.

If you're at the ACC tournament, and you can't tell from VT's ad what it is in reference to - you are a moron.
Anyway, all it takes is 2 seconds to load www.firebz.com on your phone and get the whole story...

as someone else said, get ready for traffic to increase.

So this ad is just for the couple thousand people who are going to pick up a free paper at the tournament? I think you all are too wrapped up in a hash tag and website. It's great that word got spread of the ad in the OGB, but it's not nearly as well known as you're making it out to be. The data is supposed to support the message, right? Not the other way around. There are hundreds of websites advertised in the paper every day, why would you just assume everyone is going to visit this one, without it having a clear, strong message?

Last edited:
The ad should definitely include #BuzzOUT and firebz.com, both highlight the efforts and range of our disappointment.

They don't detract and only add to the power of the ad with people that understand what hashtags are for but maybe not that the buzz out movement extends that far.

The ad should definitely include #BuzzOUT and firebz.com, both highlight the efforts and range of our disappointment.

They don't detract and only add to the power of the ad with people that understand what hashtags are for but maybe not that the buzz out movement extends that far.

Concur. There isn't enough space to include all data. This is fairly bold and will drive traffic. I'm not sure anyone has run an ad like this during the ACCT before.

Damn it, i'm not talking about excluding them from the ad, of course they need to be in the ad. They just don't need to be the focal point of the ad. My point is that the actual message of the ad isn't "minutia" just because some people have a problem with the word "deserves". If all that we focus on is the hashtag and website, then we'll have missed out on reaching every person that doesn't visit that site, use twitter, or isn't currently aware of our shitty situation.

The main person who needs to see this (and realize the effort and intent behind it) probably already knows about it and is following this thread now (at least via his minions.)

How about including, Hey Ron, :fu:

Last edited:
Say we had run this ad during Skip's tenure, would you all have just run a big myspace page link?

The main person who needs to see this (and realize the effort and intent behind it) probably already knows about it and is following this thread now (at least via his minions.)

:fu:

If that's the entire purpose of the ad, why not just run "Fire Jeff [Redacted]" in block letters?

:fu:

Can you imagine being the poor SOB that had to report to the Premier what was about to happen on Thursday? YIKES.

I am all for "Wake [Forest] deserves better. Fire Jeff [Redacted]. #buzzout www.firebz.com"

Do we have confirmation that the paper is against Wake Forest? Are we 100% limited to Wake?

I was also a big fan of using actual Wellman quotes here. Is that still planned at some point?

Say we had run this ad during Skip's tenure, would you all have just run a big myspace page link?

I'm with you. IMO, #Buzzout and FireBz.com MUST be on the Ad, but neither should be the portion of the ad that is "in focus." The hashtag is complimentary to the cause, but it isn't the point of the cause. The main point of the ad should be a stat or quote that makes even a UNC fan look at it and think "wow, Wake should fire that guy today." Those that are intrigued by the hashtag or website will check them out whether they are in large type or not.

Also, sounds like we're moving this way, but use Wake/Wake Forest/etc rather than something general. We're not infringing on the TM.

Last edited:
Back