• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ongoing NC GOP debacle thread

Of course not. Your party is free to make any counterarguments you'd like to any Republican you like, including this one. That would be refreshing, instead of constantly, fearfully seeking to deplatform the other side.

Ok well, assuming “this one” = you then I think I did offer a counter argument, in the post you quoted, to your meek freedom of speech defense.

That second sentence is straight cowardly baloney though.

i miss the old jh who was somewhat entertaining and not completely full of shit

Of course not. Your party is free to make any counterarguments you'd like to any Republican you like, including this one. That would be refreshing, instead of constantly, fearfully seeking to deplatform the other side.

Like banning picture books?

The first amendment does not guarantee a right to a platform.

I think you misconstrued the situation we are discussing (not surprising). They both spoke and the Republican (Robinson) is trying to de-platform the Democrat (Mayfield) by telling her "Next time, before you get ready to say something on that floor, come see me."

what the fuck are you talking about?

Like banning picture books?

Or the NC lieutenant governor telling an elected official of the other party to clear their speech with him first, next time...?

ETA: Yep, warak already pointed out the obvious...

Last edited:
remind me again why the "pro-life party" hates gay people and keeps trying to codify that hate? oh yeah, that would be the mistranslation of the bible (1946 i believe it was) that "allows" them to feel good about legislating their beliefs onto the rest of society.

sorry i meant that they love them, but its a tough love. they don't deserve protection from republican religious based laws and the horrible consequences that follow. in fact, they should be happy we don't just execute them.

Lot of crazy in this one.

Or a blueprint

What did Antifa try to take over?

Look at this shit. I'm not blaming the GOP, but all on NC government. Just incredible mismanagement.

That's a good reason to flee North Carolina for dem run cities (the existence of ABC stores alone is reason enough, really). No liquor shortage here in Chicago. We will welcome you with open arms.

Back