• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Took my mom to Greek Fest as her mother's day gift, had a lot of fun. I got the lambshank though, and I always forget that I don't even like lamb.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

So yeah Meridian was pretty f'ing amazing. Went with the below:

Steak Tartare with dressed Little Gem Artisan lettuce, cracked pepper & sea salt gaufrettes

Grilled Dry Rubbed Antelope with a wheat berry sauté, local Chard & sun dried tomato- pickled green garlic relish

“They’re going to bring another level of energy to downtown,” Zimmerman said, adding that he “kinda talked them out of going to Charlotte first” because this property “just suits them so well.”

SUCK IT BIFF!

IRVING PARK >>>> MYAHS PAHK

I :heart: this place! Takes me back to high school days, but now I can drink beer while I play Frogger and Centipede!

Box Car is awesome if that's your cup of tea. I always have a blast when I head that way, which is probably too often. Living downtown has it's perks. You guys enjoy in GSO.

Arcade? Sign me up.

It's like Lost Ark with alcohol?

Barcades are dope, but beware of the fact that you will mingling with mostly hipsters. I know that makes some of y'all uncomfortable.

We have one in Chapel Hill that's not a bad spot, the Baxter. They're showing Jaws this weekend, should be cool. I'm not much an arcade game guy, but I like having a wide variety of establishments from which to choose.

I doubt I will ever have the opportunity to spend much time there (#oldwithkids) but maybe I can make it the site of my son's next birthday party? That would be pretty rad - "here kids, here's 10 rolls of quarters, I'll be over by the bar destroying craft beer for the next 3 hours. Call your moms when you want to go home."

Winston-Salem had a couple of Checkers back in the mind 90's. There was one on Stratford (near Krispy Kreme) and one at Peter's Creek and Silas Creek Parkway. There may have be others but I don't remember for certain.

I remember the PC one where IHOP is now. I don't remember the Stratford one though.

I grew up with the one in Hickory.

The stratford one was directly to the right of Krispy Kreme where a bank is now. Good spot back in the day.

Back