• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

the new Vintage Sofa Bar on Burke Street is actually a pretty decent spot. That location has turned over so much will be interesting to see if it sustains business. I hear the food is pretty great too.

Di Lisio's may be the best Italian in town.

Fiddlin' Fish spot is awesome. That side of town is hopping now

Is that in the spot where the gay bar used to be. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Chic you hit the bagel shop yet? We have enjoyed it greatly so far. They had to work out some flow kinks but they seem to be on the right track.

We ate there a couple of weeks ago. Yeah, I liked it.

That corner of Burke sees a new bar seemingly every year. The location sucks because it's kind of in no-man's land between the prime trashy Burke area and the 4th/Trade/Liberty area. Hope it works out for the owners though. Business seems to be going well so far.

So my lady wants to go somewhere new for dinner and is interested in restaurants in Greensboro. Wise posters on this thread seem to have good suggestions so lay them on me.

We have been to print works before and she is a fan. Besides that we are total virgins when it comes to eating out in Greensboro. We are looking for somewhere that is a similar level as print works. A good date spot with good drinks and food.

That corner of Burke sees a new bar seemingly every year. The location sucks because it's kind of in no-man's land between the prime trashy Burke area and the 4th/Trade/Liberty area. Hope it works out for the owners though. Business seems to be going well so far.

The sofa bar is doing very well. It is always packed and rightfully so. Very cool spot with great drinks.

So my lady wants to go somewhere new for dinner and is interested in restaurants in Greensboro. Wise posters on this thread seem to have good suggestions so lay them on me.

We have been to print works before and she is a fan. Besides that we are total virgins when it comes to eating out in Greensboro. We are looking for somewhere that is a similar level as print works. A good date spot with good drinks and food.

1618 Seafood Grill (Best spot in GSO)
Green Valley Grill (owned by the same people who own print works, always good)
Table 16 (great food and great location downtown around lots of new bars/breweries)

Also, cheaper, but really good and near UNCG:

Freemans Grub and Pub
Fishbones
Sticks and Stones

Table 16 (great food and great location downtown around lots of new bars/breweries)

Freemans Grub and Pub
Fishbones
Sticks and Stones

Freeman’s is my favorite place in Greensboro. Not fancy, but great food and great drinks.

Freemans Grub and Pub
Fishbones
Sticks and Stones

Good list, Undercurrent is also consistently good.

Mac's Speed Shop turns out some excellent smoked meats of all descriptions, but the vibe is very blue collar and very different from the higher-class establishments listed above.

Has anyone tried NOLA Seafood and Steakhouse up on New Garden Road? Seems to be getting decent Yelps.

Freemans Grub and Pub
Fishbones
Sticks and Stones

I'll echo 1618 and Table 16 if you're up for a great meal (and willing to pay for it - at least $40 per entree at both places unless the menu at Table 16 has changed in the last year or two).

Green Valley Grill/Lucky 32 are good options and not quite the expense.

Some other thoughts - Salvino (my favorite Italian place), Hops (well publicized best burgers around), Crafted the art of the Taco (there's also one in Winston now), MJ's, Liberty Oak

Edit - now that I see you want something on the same level as print works you can scratch off Hops & Crafted since those are more casual. Salvino isn't a place to go for good drinks, but the food is great.

Last edited:

Freemans Grub and Pub
Fishbones
Sticks and Stones

It looks like we are going to try one of the three you are mentioned. She liked the look of all three. Will report back with thoughts.

Thanks!

Back