• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

Anybody know the scoop on the River Ridge closing? I've heard 3rd and 4th hand stories of their owners/management straight up disappearing.

No real scoops but same owners as Big Shotz from what I heard. They just closed down Big Shotz because it was turning shitty and re-opened as River Ridge which was still shitty IMO. Pretty certain one of the owners used to be a building contractor on the side and I think managed Milner's at one point.

Speaking of Clemmons, BreakfastTime has completely taken over. It's packed for breakfast and lunch every day they're open. It's worth the hype too. We used to go to the one on Peter's Creek Parkway all the time, and have also been to the one in Salisbury. They're all three excellent. This morning on the way to daycare, BT was packed, and there was hardly a soul at Pete's or Clemmon's Kitchen.

It's unbelievably good. Excellent, fresh and enormous portions. I was off on a weekday, stopped by at like 1:30 pm and they were putting names on a list for tables. Sat at the bar and food was outstanding.

Went to crafted art of the street food last night. Very impressive like it much better than the taco

Went to crafted art of the street food last night. Very impressive like it much better than the taco

Haven't been there in maybe 2 years. Is the portion size to price combo better than it was when they opened?

Two of us split an appetizer and each got a small plate. Plenty of food. That an two beers was a $30 tab with tip each.

Yeah, I just was unimpressed with the food. But maybe it was just my plate

I was very unimpressed with Crafted in WS. The food wasn't good and the portions were smaller than they should be.

I'm with chic. I love Taco, but wasn't impressed with Street Food.

Went to 1618 Downtown last night. Pretty good but won't hurry to go back. Service was sloooooow.

Still haven't tried Street Food but have heard not great things. Like Taco a lot.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, has anybody eaten at Sarah's Kabob Shop. I found out about it from somebody at Lockn from Va that drives to Greensboro to eat there. #1 ranked restaurant in GSO per trip advisor.

Personally, I think it is really good but not that good. I wouldn't drive an hour to eat there. They are moving to the old Cooper's Ale House location.

I like Sarah's a lot but agree that driving an hour seems a bit much.

You still in the Cardinal Chris? Thoughts on the new bagel shop?

I like Sarah's a lot but agree that driving an hour seems a bit much.

You still in the Cardinal Chris? Thoughts on the new bagel shop?

No reason to drive an hour for Sarah's but it is so good. Spicy chicken shwarma over rice FTW

Chic you hit the bagel shop yet? We have enjoyed it greatly so far. They had to work out some flow kinks but they seem to be on the right track.

the new Vintage Sofa Bar on Burke Street is actually a pretty decent spot. That location has turned over so much will be interesting to see if it sustains business. I hear the food is pretty great too.

Di Lisio's may be the best Italian in town.

Fiddlin' Fish spot is awesome. That side of town is hopping now

Back