• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

FYI.

The Porch takes reservations (but will only hold a table for five minutes if you are late).

We will hit the deacon shop when we pick her up on Saturday (along with the other two kids). I think we are going to try to get in early at the Tavern (again for nostalgia) or Burger Batch or Mozelle. Thanks for the recs.

Burger Batch could be crowded too. Mozelle's is a good choice. Silo is an underrated place if you try Tavern and it's crowded.

lol only 45 minutes is lucky, I feel like it's been at least 1 hour most every time I go, and sometimes up to 2 hours. If we're planning on going we just factor in an hour wait and plan on drinking a couple at Hoots while we wait, every time.

You have waited 2 hours to eat at the Porch? Or anywhere? I couldn't.

Yeah, it wasn't the best bang for the buck or anything, but rooftop drinking is always awesome.

Agree. Kind of surprising no other rooftop bar has opened in Winston given the number of 2-3 story old buildings on 4th and Trade.

The North Point Burger King has died and joined the Taco Bell in fast-food purgatory. But just up the road at Silas/Fairlawn there will soon be a Sheetz and Lidl, and more room to grow.

The North Point Burger King has died and joined the Taco Bell in fast-food purgatory. But just up the road at Silas/Fairlawn there will soon be a Sheetz and Lidl, and more room to grow.

drove by that yesterday on Fairlawn, nice looking development going on

Love all the BK updates...keep 'em coming!

Had Burger Batch tonight. It was good, but I like Hops and Emma Key's better. BB is on par with Big Burger Spot.

The fries weren't my favorite.

Always love the beer at Small Batch.

long blog post but basically Foothills expanding their footprint in downtown https://blog.foothillsbrewing.com/2017/07/21/footnote-worthy/

It’s a natural extension of our pub next door (and our brand), and will be an all-day kinda place – open early for coffee (roasted with, yes, Jamie’s roaster) and breakfast pastries, then later in the day/evening it’ll function a basic high-end bar – complete with single malt scotches, single barrel bourbons, craft spirits, and a curated wine and cocktail list from our wildly talented bar staff. And, of course, plenty of Foothills beer (since it’s brewed right on the other side of the wall).

Food? Yep we’ll have food. Charcuterie, tapas, cold appetizers – perfect fare for the relaxed vibe we’re planning at Footnote.

Jonestown BK is dead too
and not sure if we mentioned River Ridge Tap House is done

A rumor on Facebook I heard is Pete's in Clemmons may move to the River Ridge Tap House location and the strip mall where Pete's is now will be remodeled with Aldi as an anchor store.

Speaking of Clemmons, BreakfastTime has completely taken over. It's packed for breakfast and lunch every day they're open. It's worth the hype too. We used to go to the one on Peter's Creek Parkway all the time, and have also been to the one in Salisbury. They're all three excellent. This morning on the way to daycare, BT was packed, and there was hardly a soul at Pete's or Clemmon's Kitchen.

A rumor on Facebook I heard is Pete's in Clemmons may move to the River Ridge Tap House location and the strip mall where Pete's is now will be remodeled with Aldi as an anchor store.

Anybody know the scoop on the River Ridge closing? I've heard 3rd and 4th hand stories of their owners/management straight up disappearing.

Back