• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Triad restaurant comings, goings and recs

In town for one night on Friday to pick up my daughter from WFU soccer camp (shout out Coach J Lowe). Staying at Graylyn. Where should we eat? We will have two other kids with us. My heart says the Tavern, but it is Friday and they do not take reservations. Any input would be appreciated.

In town for one night on Friday to pick up my daughter from WFU soccer camp (shout out Coach J Lowe). Staying at Graylyn. Where should we eat? We will have two other kids with us. My heart says the Tavern, but it is Friday and they do not take reservations. Any input would be appreciated.

The answer is Quiet Pint or The Porch, IMHO.

The answer is Quiet Pint or The Porch, IMHO.

Both of these are great, Porch can be a huge wait on a Friday night sometimes, but at least Hoots is right there for a beer or two while you wait. Would also think Burger Batch would be good with kids, they seem to love those insane milkshakes they make.

Both of these are great, Porch can be a huge wait on a Friday night sometimes, but at least Hoots is right there for a beer or two while you wait. Would also think Burger Batch would be good with kids, they seem to love those insane milkshakes they make.

I would second the Burger Batch over the other 2. Those burgers and shakes are worth writing home about.

Crafted or silo.

My question is did your child pull a Brandon Childress and buy a bunch of WFU clothes from the Deacon shop on summer camp?

The Porch really is great but it's annoying that there is always a wait. Good for them for being that busy but most of the time when I go I turn around when I hear how long the wait is. The food isn't good enough to justify waiting 45 minutes.

Crafted or silo.

My question is did your child pull a Brandon Childress and buy a bunch of WFU clothes from the Deacon shop on summer camp?

We will hit the deacon shop when we pick her up on Saturday (along with the other two kids). I think we are going to try to get in early at the Tavern (again for nostalgia) or Burger Batch or Mozelle. Thanks for the recs.

We will hit the deacon shop when we pick her up on Saturday (along with the other two kids). I think we are going to try to get in early at the Tavern (again for nostalgia) or Burger Batch or Mozelle. Thanks for the recs.

All great choices, Mozelles would be most expensive but the best food in my opinion

The Porch really is great but it's annoying that there is always a wait. Good for them for being that busy but most of the time when I go I turn around when I hear how long the wait is. The food isn't good enough to justify waiting 45 minutes.

lol only 45 minutes is lucky, I feel like it's been at least 1 hour most every time I go, and sometimes up to 2 hours. If we're planning on going we just factor in an hour wait and plan on drinking a couple at Hoots while we wait, every time.

rumors have been going around but looks like more headway on the upstairs and rooftop of the former District (now Famous Toastery) becoming a bar again.

Yeah, it wasn't the best bang for the buck or anything, but rooftop drinking is always awesome.

July's Winston-Salem Monthly features a comprehensive review on 'The rise of the premium burger joints in Winston-Salem'. Burger Batch, Cin Cin, Food Freaks, and Local 27101 are all featured.

Back