• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

Obviously things can improve tremendously in comparison to how they are now, meaning access to healthcare, shelter, food, and clean water through out this country and more so the world. With that said I see no future where there is not some stratification of having more than others, how much that is and what that is always subject to change.

I respect that opinion, but how do you consider the fact that poverty and inequality is, for many, getting worse? There is greater black-white wealth inequality now than there was when Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated. The political rhetoric around social and economic justice seems to follow this erroneous logic that society is on this gradual upward slope toward equality, so that with patience and trust in society, we're going to get there. But thats not true. There is no gentle slope, and its not inevitable. The movement towards justice and equality is violent and unpredictable, and determined by desperate activists, not passive bystanders.

Last edited:
The reason, I think, that BLM and activiats and leftists are more "approving" of the looting and rioting, than everyone else is, is that we know that rioting and looting are socially and politically compelling. Historically, the threats of reactionaries being turned off, are empty threats of conservativism.

I agree things are getting worse with concentration of wealth. I also agree that generational wealth clearly lets you start on an almost unattainable platform for most people. I think that the middle class should be the floor not the middle and even that is being eroded away. That's why I said that there should be equality in access to healthcare, access to housing, access to food and water, education. You should be able to not worry about getting sick or hungry or cold. I think I make the distinction in that their will always be some higher ceiling and people shouldn't necessarily be bothered by that if everyone has access to all of the above and we reach that point. Like if you never worry about being hungry and you have access to anything found at publix then who gives a shit if Bezos is eating caviar out of the ass of a Eastern European model.

Gable went bald years ago. Still carries a comb, he just can't part with it.

I guess I don't really get your point, Louis, because, as you acknowledge, the gap is so profound and the conditions of the ghettoes of Chicago are pretty terrible

we're so far from the middle class being the floor that it doesn't seem to helpful to really bring up in the context of looking at looting and riots right now

Ask nearly anyone under 40yo what MLK Jr. accomplished, politically. Specifically. They wont have an answer. "Did you know that Rosa Parks was shunned by the black community for her bus protest and had to move to Detroit to get a job?" No.

I cant speak for black people, but white people have this bullshit mythologized, sanitized knowledge of the civil rights movement, like from a childrens book. We know the names of 4-5 civil rights leaders whom we think were all non-violent saints who just made speeches and led marches. Black people loved them, white people hated them. "Civil Rights" got passed(?) Its all been white washed and sanitized by our conservative society, so that we dont realize what actually happened, and why it was effective. Hell you could blow peoples minds by just telling them that the Civil Rights act of 1968 was passed, in urgency, after a week of violent rioting (AND LOOTING!) all throughout the country in response to King Jr being assassinated. Why do you think it is that our society wants you to remember his words as having been more persuasive than the rioting caused by his martyrdom?

Last edited:
Gable went bald years ago. Still carries a comb, he just can't part with it.

Townie is holding on to a dream (weird as it may be) that I am bald. Not a single poster here knows me but it must be true since I am in finance. Explains your rationale on a bunch of issues.

Townie is holding on to a dream (weird as it may be) that I am bald. Not a single poster here knows me but it must be true since I am in finance. Explains your rationale on a bunch of issues.

I respect that opinion, but how do you consider the fact that poverty and inequality is, for many, getting worse? There is greater black-white wealth inequality now than there was when Martin Luther King Jr. was assassinated. The political rhetoric around social and economic justice seems to follow this erroneous logic that society is on this gradual upward slope toward equality, so that with patience and trust in society, we're going to get there. But thats not true. There is no gentle slope, and its not inevitable. The movement towards justice and equality is violent and unpredictable, and determined by desperate activists, not passive bystanders.

Biden will be our next pres., and I expect he's good for 2 years tops until Harris is in charge. With the Republicans such a mess, a Harris win in 2024 is a good possibility, as is a Dem. house and senate. And the major cities are well on their way to being Dem. strongholds, in fact many already have black mayors, police chiefs, city managers, school system heads, etc., and that trend is not slowing down. Even here in what many consider a regressive North Carolina, the 7 urban counties all have black sheriffs, as do most of their large cities have black police chiefs. So with the Dems and black appointed and elected leadership in charge and running the show, maybe it won't be necessary to tear shit up anymore to make a point.
And by the way, I'm voting for Biden.

‘Kill Them All’: Colorado Springs Officer Keith Wrede Used Fake Name To Post Comments About Protesters

A sergeant with the Colorado Springs Police Department has been temporarily suspended and transferred following an internal affairs investigation that confirmed he posted comments on a livestream of a protest in late June. The CSPD investigation found Sgt. Keith Wrede responded to a news crew’s coverage with “KILL THEM ALL” and “KILL EM ALL” while using a Facebook profile with the name Steven Eric. The news station, ABC affiliate KRDO, approached police days later after receiving a tip that Sgt. Wrede was the source of the comments.

In his latest letter, Chief Niski defended his decision not to fire the officer, despite calls from the public to do so.

“While his statements were harmful and reprehensible, I cannot deprive the community of a good police officer and his services because of an isolated incident of an error in judgment,” Niski stated. “We hope that you can accept our apology and be assured that the CSPD and Sgt. Wrede will continue to faithfully serve the public.”

:squint:

Well we were wondering where the good cops are. I guess they’re the ones who make up a name and promote mass murder online.

From the article " As mentioned earlier, public employees are entitled to due process under the law, and in any investigation, we do not release details as it is on-going. "
Entitled to due process under the law.... for an internal investigation.

And these are people who believe that “due process under the law” for you and me is a bullet if they feel like it.

Back