• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

F is for Fascism (Ferguson MO)

"officer involved shooting" "shark involved biting" stupid fucking copaganda

This is tough. The guy pretty clearly pulls out a gun and is fleeing from police. Now, it seems pretty clear after the fact that he was just trying to get away and ditch the gun, but what was there to stop him from turning around and firing?

I'm sick and tired of seeing people (specifically black people) getting shot in the back by police, but this situation seems much less cut and dry and tougher to prove any sort of criminal act occurred.

dude was running away, his shoes fell off, and he never pointed the gun. The cop that fired in this specific circumstance committed murder.

I think the training should be something like...if you pull over a car because of no license plate and someone in the car runs away...don’t shoot at them.

dude was running away, his shoes fell off, and he never pointed the gun. The cop that fired in this specific circumstance committed murder.

I'm not trying to justify this in any way, but to call it "murder" is a massive overstatement. Manslaughter maybe, but I'm guessing this cop will receive no criminal charges. I'm not even sure he strayed too far from what cops are trained to do in this country. It's pretty clear the video was an attempt to justify/explain it away as standard procedure.

That's my biggest problem. We need much better police operating procedures and training to better identify what/who truly poses a threat, and not shoot so many people in the back (or in general).

I think the training should be something like...if you pull over a car because of no license plate and someone in the car runs away...don’t shoot at them.

Why even pursue the running guy? He did nothing but ride in a car with a friend who had a suspended license. Why did they make him get out of the car in the first place? Who gives a shit if he runs away while they write his friend a ticket and call a tow truck?

"Young people are now rioting in the street because the leftist fascists have convinced them that the only way to fix our nation's problems is to destroy our cities and our democracy. "

Not saying you are justifying it. You are probably right about legal charges and so forth. But shooting someone in the back when your life is not in danger is murder as far as I am concerned.

Seemed pretty clear he bolted b/c he did not want to get caught with the gun so he "secured it" with his hand and ran. H3 looked over his shoulder to see 8f they were in pursuit. Officer gun ho opened fire while running at a man's back.

https://triad-city-beat.com/theotis-kindell-1/

I’m telling you, the police shot me.”

Those are the words spoken by Theotis Kindell III on Monday in a video sent to Triad City Beat.

Ron Glenn, the public information officer for the department, said on Monday that Kindell was a passenger in a car that was stopped for “equipment violation on the vehicle,” and that Kindell got out of the car and fled on foot. As police pursued him through a parking lot next to the Super 8, a gunshot went off and Glenn said the police found Kindell with a self-inflicted gunshot wound through his torso and a gun nearby. A second gun was also recovered at the scene..

Seems like you'd need some sorta facial recognition chinese surveillance to really solve the problem. Without that, as long as you can run fast enough you can pretty much do whatever you want.

It's easy to see how the Pasdena situation resulted in a shooting if he was pulling out a gun (hard to tell from the video if it was a gun or a belt buckle but you don't make that motion with a belt buckle). If you're the cop why not shoot now when you have the advantage rather than letting him get away and turn around and make it an even fight. They're trained to protect their lives, and most of society is trained to not put cops' lives in danger. We'd essentially have to re-train all cops to be willing to put their lives in greater danger. And/or just put cameras everywhere to give traffic violations.

It's easy to see how the Wisconsin situation would result in 3 guys tackling the guy sooner. Once it got to the point where the guy was getting in the car it's easy to see how shots are fired. But kinda hard to say the cops should have tackled the guy sooner, it seemed to happen fast.

Can anyone here actually say they could ever see themselves in a situation where they're walking all the way around the car away from police officers with their guns trained on them and just getting in their car ignoring them? I guess I could if I was really really drunk, and I'd hope to not die due to being drunk.

Seems like you'd need some sorta facial recognition chinese surveillance to really solve the problem. Without that, as long as you can run fast enough you can pretty much do whatever you want.

It's easy to see how the Pasdena situation resulted in a shooting if he was pulling out a gun (hard to tell from the video if it was a gun or a belt buckle but you don't make that motion with a belt buckle). If you're the cop why not shoot now when you have the advantage rather than letting him get away and turn around and make it an even fight. They're trained to protect their lives, and most of society is trained to not put cops' lives in danger. We'd essentially have to re-train all cops to be willing to put their lives in greater danger. And/or just put cameras everywhere to give traffic violations.

It's easy to see how the Wisconsin situation would result in 3 guys tackling the guy sooner. Once it got to the point where the guy was getting in the car it's easy to see how shots are fired. But kinda hard to say the cops should have tackled the guy sooner, it seemed to happen fast.

Can anyone here actually say they could ever see themselves in a situation where they're walking all the way around the car away from police officers with their guns trained on them and just getting in their car ignoring them? I guess I could if I was really really drunk, and I'd hope to not die due to being drunk.

It's been 17 years since I graduated from the police academy but we were trained to look for three things before justifying a shooting: ability, opportunity, and jeopardy. Someone running away does not put you in jeopardy even if they have the ability to shoot you (possessing a gun). That is how it is supposed to work. It is basic training. I know it is stressful out there but it is part of the job. Not holding people accountable is just making it easier for people to be shitty at their job. Being a shitty cop gets people killed. It is unjustifiable.

Back