• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

When Godzilla v Kong comes out, I'll proclaim it the best movie ever if they make it with no dialogue whatsoever, with an exception for island natives chanting.

As long as Godzilla wins. I mean, any other outcome is just silly.

I thought Skull Island gave a bunch of great actors dialogue so terrible they barfed out C-list performances. Kong and the lizards were legit though.

i do love all the movies that shoe-horn in Chinese characters solely because they got funding from China

I, Tonya is easily Top 10 American movie of 2017.

Great soundtrack too

Last edited:
Saw Paddington 2 today with Tim jr (3). I thought it was great, he got kinda bored with it by halfway through.

Darkest Hour was great, but Gary Oldman was amazing.

Aperture in Winston is a great venue, too.

I loved The Big Sick. Kumail Nanjiani is a great Twitter follow.

Also, it may have been mentioned, but his RL wife is from Winston-Salem and went to UNCG.

PSF

my boss used to be pretty involved in the independent stand-up/theater scene here in Chicago and she organized one of the event series featured in the movie

Finally watched Birdman over the weekend. I enjoyed it... Always been a fan of Michael Keaton & Ed Norton. Can't say I really know what I took from the movie, though. Plenty of scenes that were hilarious, depressing, and just plain interesting... But I don't think I'll have any desire to ever see it again. Not exactly what you look for in a Best Picture, but I was just talking about Kong: Skull Island, so maybe that's on me.

Watched I Spit on Your Grave 2 late last night battling insomnia

If you enjoy seeing a dude’s nuts crushed like a grape in a vise, then this movie is for you

Chick is a total hot mousey ph type

Back