• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

Last Jedi was amazing. Weird that Rey and Kylo banged and Rey got knocked up, but interesting twist!

Watched The Big Sick over the weekend. Really really excellent. Unlike anything I can recall seeing and it makes it all the more fascinating that it's autobiographical.

Watched Klute and Night Moves last night. I think the 70's neo-noir down-on-his-luck private dick genre is my favorite. Are there any cooler people in the history of the world than 70's Donald Sutherland, Gene Hackman, and Elliott Gould (in no order). Nope. Also finished reading Inherent Vice (loved loved LOVED the movie), so I'm on a stoner/loser/goof PI kick, I guess.

Coincidentally, this cat Michael Small did the score for both of these, it was cool to see his name pop up in the credits of Night Moves; I was all, I think I recognize that name from somewhere...could be from the movie you just watched an hour ago, stoner.

Annihilation was a decent book, though I can't help but compare it to Solaris, which I thought was better. The movie looks cool -- I need to watch the Tarkovsky Solaris.

A silly 70s Suthlerland movie that is fun and mostly forgotten is Start the Revolution without Me. When people talk about Animal House, not many bring up Sutherland's part. If i'm not mistaken he played Jesus, in the haunting Johnny Got His Gun.

Sutherland certainly deserves a Lifetime Achievement Oscar.

Watched The Big Sick over the weekend. Really really excellent. Unlike anything I can recall seeing and it makes it all the more fascinating that it's autobiographical.

watched it as well. liked it, but it didn't blow me away.

Watched Kong Skull Island the other day. Pretty dumb but I liked it enough to want more of that monster-verse

Logan Lucky was entertaining and fun but forgettable. Adam Driver and Daniel Craig were great. Hilary Swank was terrible.

Also, I really dig Riley Keough

Watched Everybody Wants Some!! for like the sixth time on my flight this morning. I LOVE that movie.

Watched Everybody Wants Some!! for like the sixth time on my flight this morning. I LOVE that movie.

It is a really solid movie, plus with the whole 'Dazed and Confused Part II' kind of sort of deal, don't know why it didn't do better.

Disaster Artist was good, but the tone was much different from the book in terms of Greg's relationship with Tommy.

Saw three movies on my flight Sat night.

The Mummy (2017) was hoo boy bad. And based on the ending there will defs be a second unless the studio decides to just let it die.

Rough Night was entertaining and pretty funny. Not amazing, but made ~2 hours go by pretty fast.

I thought Inside Out was great and it defs made the last 1.5 hours of the flight go by quickly. Seems like that one was geared towards adults even more than most animated movies these days.

The Mummy (2017) was hoo boy bad. And based on the ending there will defs be a second unless the studio decides to just let it die.

The plan was to create the whole "Dark Universe" with characters like The Mummy, Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde, Dr. Frankenstein, The Invisible Man etc.

Saw Jedi. It's the best Star Wars movie since the original three. Lots of fun.

The Greatest Showman was excellent. Hugh Jackman is very talented. Don't know PT Barnum's history to compare the accuracy but the portrayed story was compelling.

Finally caught Dunkirk. Viewing experience was marred by the stupid cable PPV feed buffering about every 15 min. WTF is up with that? Can't have that in a Nolan movie, especially one like that. Need to watch it again, but enjoyed it. I don't know that's it's a best picture, but it was riveting.

Back