• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official thread about the movie you just saw

The Greatest Showman was excellent. Hugh Jackman is very talented. Don't know PT Barnum's history to compare the accuracy but the portrayed story was compelling.

IIRC, Barnum became a politician and campaigned/worked heavily against contraception, among other things.

IIRC, Barnum became a politician and campaigned/worked heavily against contraception, among other things.
The movie is terrible white washing - P.T. Barnum exploited and dehumanized disabled peoples, and minorites, and created terrible ethnic myths. The movie doesn't point out that Barnum "bought" many of his disabled performers from institutions. He is even said to have surgically deformed some of his performers.

Dunkirk - a true great, according to this hard-working American hero ...

The movie is terrible white washing - P.T. Barnum exploited and dehumanized disabled peoples, and minorites, and created terrible ethnic myths. The movie doesn't point out that Barnum "bought" many of his disabled performers from institutions. He is even said to have surgically deformed some of his performers.

why do you hate hugh jackman so much

Watched Wind River last night and enjoyed it. Agree that some of the dialogue was out of place, but thought it was a very good movie.

Had watched Hell or High Water earlier in the week and really liked it. Didn’t realize Wind River was the same writer until after seeing both.

Wind River, another movie produced by a woman I hooked up with when I was a groomsman and she was a bridesmaid many moons ago. So anytime you see Sicario, John Wick, or Wind River, all you guys can think about that. You're welcome.

Watched Hired Gun on Netflix, a documentary about musicians who have all been hired guns/studio musicians at some point. Could've been better without the extended jams, which felt like wank off sessions in a Guitar Center, but it's an interesting element of the music industry that a lot of people don't know about. Even as one who knew about it, I was intrigued. Good way to kill an hour and a half if you're in the mood for that type of thing. 7/10

Watched Hired Gun on Netflix, a documentary about musicians who have all been hired guns/studio musicians at some point. Could've been better without the extended jams, which felt like wank off sessions in a Guitar Center, but it's an interesting element of the music industry that a lot of people don't know about. Even as one who knew about it, I was intrigued. Good way to kill an hour and a half if you're in the mood for that type of thing. 7/10
Similar to The Wrecking Crew?
https://youtu.be/SX5BCgmr7tg

Because you actually like Hugh Jackman. He was the lead in your all time favorite film.

MY GIRL Evangeline Lilly probably didn't hurt either.

Saw The Greatest Showman Sunday. It was very entertaining. I'll be very surprised if Jackman and Keala Settle aren't nominated for Oscars.

My next three will probably be Molly's Game, The Post and the hopefully sill Father Figures.

Back