• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

One year they are better. We were much better than they were last year and they won't make The Dance this year barring more wins.

They get a nice player in Hamilton (who is ranked basically the same as Muscius) and we add Hoard in addition to Muscius.

If everyone come back for both, let's see.

When shown you are wrong about Clemson, you just throw it away like you never said. It is your MO.

You’re not well, RJ.

I took Clemson out because, as you pointed out, it wasn’t a comparable case. I didn’t throw it away like I never said it.

I have now been WRONG in your presence with all of the boards as witnesses. Can we be amigos now?

How about Tech or Christian?

brownell also has never lost 20 games (has won 20 three times) but "Danny" has done it twice in two years. Brownell lost 111 games in eight seasons. "Danny" boy has lost 73 in four seasons (on pace for 146 in eight seasons in case math isn't a specialty).

if you count "Danny's" lone acc tournament win and combine that with Buzzdicks lone acc tournament win that equals two acc tournament wins. which is what BC has this year. what's confusing about that?

We literally just beat BC in the ACCT last season. BC has a couple of studs, and once they're gone, will go back to being an ACC bottom dweller.

“We” literally lost 20 games THIS season and BC has 19 wins.
And as soon was wakes stud departed they went back to being bottom dwellers

We literally just beat BC in the ACCT last season. BC has a couple of studs, and once they're gone, will go back to being an ACC bottom dweller.

Ehh that was a fugly win. If I remember we were the benefactor or Bowman tearing up his leg. Who knows how that would’ve turned out.

TxTech has won 19,18 and 23 in the last three seasons. It's not at all comparable to where we have been.

TCU Had 18,14, 24 before this year. Again not as bad as we have been.

TxTech has won 19,18 and 23 in the last three seasons. It's not at all comparable to where we have been.

Okay, then why have we been as bad as we have been for as long as we have? We haven't won 20 games since 2009-2010. That was also the last time we won an NCAA Tournament game.

Some of y'all act like we have been dealt the worst hand of cards among the P5 teams. It's just not true. Most schools that have had sustained down periods climb out of holes a lot faster than we have. Rutgers and Oregon State are notable exceptions. There aren't that many, though.

That's some hard hitting analysis. Not sure why you're including the coaches' first seasons when evaluating what the coaches walked into. TCU has been one of the worst programs in the P6 over the last decade.

https://www.ogboards.com/forums/sho...College-Basketball?highlight=on-court+success

TCU won 12 games the year before Dixon, by the way.

Okay, then why have we been as bad as we have been for as long as we have? We haven't won 20 games since 2009-2010. That was also the last time we won an NCAA Tournament game.

Some of y'all act like we have been dealt the worst hand of cards among the P5 teams. It's just not true. Most schools that have had sustained down periods climb out of holes a lot faster than we have. Rutgers and Oregon State are notable exceptions. There aren't that many, though.

Remember when that one Baylor player killed that other Baylor player? Then they made the tournament 5 years later and made 4 Sweet Sixteens in the next 10 seasons.

it Just defies logic how BC is winning games I tell ya! I’ve heard many times from the usual suspects that having top of the line facilities is the only way to compete and lure top recruits. BC is clearly cheating because they couldn’t possibly have success with such shitty facilities.

This is some solid loser talk. BC sucks. We suck. Now we're going to fight other posters just wishing we sucked slightly less than BC a year after we got an NCAA bid. Welcome to the OGBoards!

This is some solid loser talk. BC sucks. We suck. Now we're going to fight other posters just wishing we sucked slightly less than BC a year after we got an NCAA bid. Welcome to the OGBoards!
For once I agree with DC. This is BC's peak - a fringe NIT team. Who cares.

There is a lot of recency effect bias going on with the BC love.

Yes, BC has had a nice little run in the ACC tourney over the last two days (let's not forget they almost blew a 20 point lead to awful GT yesterday, and had State not thrown up on itself, BC would've blown a big lead today), but that program is still a mess. Doesn't mean that WF isn't as big (or bigger) of a mess, but BC is going to peak with a NIT bid this year (and maybe next, if Robinson and Bowman stay). It's not like Jim Christian is pulling in McDonald's A-A's all of sudden, and they have sucked defensively under him every year. BC got fortunate with two massively under the radar recruits in Bowman and Robinson, but they got nothing else, and nothing else is about to come in. Understand the jealousy over BCs two ACC tourney wins this week, but let's not make that program out to be next thing. They are not.

That's some hard hitting analysis. Not sure why you're including the coaches' first seasons when evaluating what the coaches walked into. TCU has been one of the worst programs in the P6 over the last decade.

https://www.ogboards.com/forums/sho...College-Basketball?highlight=on-court+success

TCU won 12 games the year before Dixon, by the way.

Yep.

Remember when that one Baylor player killed that other Baylor player? Then they made the tournament 5 years later and made 4 Sweet Sixteens in the next 10 seasons.

It was only murder, a cover up, a boatload of violations and penalties, and the entire team transferring. In the amount of time Danny Manning has managed to turn in a 11-20 season, Scott Drew had turned the whole mess around.

For once I agree with DC. This is BC's peak - a fringe NIT team. Who cares.

Yeah, I agree with him, too. I do wish we sucked less than BC because we really suck right now, but ultimately I'd like to not suck sometime in the future.

Lol. Is this rock bottom.....We now wish we were BC?

Because we hired [Redacted] and he left the cupboard bare.

Hell yeah I wish we had 19 wins and were playing tomorrow. Don’t you?

Back