• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

What do you guys think our record would have been with JC?

Manning barely played Chaundee and no one was any better than last year outside of Doral

Yeah we would have had the talent to be a top twenty team, but I think we would have gone 9-9 or 8-10 and be right on the bubble. Manning is not the coach that is going to get us to turn the corner.

I don't really understand rooting against teams because their coaches are better or because you want to feel better about staying loyal for the sake of being loyal to a failing coach. But whatever flips your skirt, I guess

Yeah we would have had the talent to be a top twenty team, but I think we would have gone 9-9 or 8-10 and be right on the bubble. Manning is not the coach that is going to get us to turn the corner.

I laid out in pretty clear terms that VT, OBJECTIVELY, had significantly more talent on their roster this year. They also had more experience. Were they a top twenty team? No. Does that mean Buzz was a horrible coach?

People need to understand we had 3 top-150 guys on our roster. Ironically, those three were basically our best players. Most of the ACC had significantly more than that. Our 6th man was the #266 ranked player in his class.

What do you guys think our record would have been with JC?

Manning barely played Chaundee and no one was any better than last year outside of Doral

Chaundee was 6th on team in minutes played at 20.1 and 6th in ppg. Woods, Moore, Chill, and Wilbekin all played about 5 minutes more. Only Crawford was over 30 mpg.

There is nothing ironic about your highest ranked recruits being your best players.

Tough night for the superfans of Buzz and Keats. NC State gets a critical inbounds stolen a la Childress, then even worse the players didn't know they were out of timeouts and they draw a game-losing technical.

Then VaTech goes up 20 in the 2nd half against Notre Dame, hitting a 99% win percentage in the process... And continues jacking shots while giving up 50 to lose, including a 7 minute stretch with no field goals in the last quarter of the game.

Ha, fuck those guys. Schadenfreude is all there is left to enjoy in this postseason...

Weird post. Both of those teams will still be playing next week. And NC State erased a 17-point deficit thanks to their press/push scheme. (I didn't watch the VT game)

I laid out in pretty clear terms that VT, OBJECTIVELY, had significantly more talent on their roster this year. They also had more experience. Were they a top twenty team? No. Does that mean Buzz was a horrible coach?

People need to understand we had 3 top-150 guys on our roster. Ironically, those three were basically our best players. Most of the ACC had significantly more than that. Our 6th man was the #266 ranked player in his class.

Star rankings aren't everything. VT had nowhere near a complete team, and played one guy taller than 6'6". It was pretty obvious to see that they overachieved (absent last night's collapse), while Manning drove the team bus off a cliff.

Virginia Tech also has players who were ranked relatively highly in high school because Buzz Williams brought them there, to a basketball wasteland with zero NCAA tournament success to speak of, ever, and "famous" alumni including:

Steph Curry's dad? (but not Steph or even Seth)
Ace Custis?
Bimbo Coles?
Malcolm Delaney?

Star rankings aren't everything. VT had nowhere near a complete team, and played one guy taller than 6'6". It was pretty obvious to see that they overachieved (absent last night's collapse), while Manning drove the team bus off a cliff.

Agree about VT. Buzz showed that a 3 or 4 guard line-up works, until it doesn't.

Virginia Tech also has players who were ranked relatively highly in high school because Buzz Williams brought them there, to a basketball wasteland with zero NCAA tournament success to speak of, ever, and "famous" alumni including:

Steph Curry's dad? (but not Steph or even Seth)
Ace Custis?
Bimbo Coles?
Malcolm Delaney?

Pretty sure people know who Dell Curry is, or should.

Also left out Alan Bristow !

When Mick Cronin took over at UC after Huggins was forced out, UC had made the NCAA tourney for 14 straight seasons. Cronin's first year was 11-19; second year 13-19; third year 18-14; fourth year 19-16. Cronin didn't make the NCAA in any of his first four years. I don't believe he had any players leave early to play professionally during that span. Cincinnati fans wanted Cronin out. It was a firestorm. The next year Cronin went 26-9 and made the round of 32. UC hasn't missed the NCAA since.

When Mick Cronin took over at UC after Huggins was forced out, UC had made the NCAA tourney for 14 straight seasons. Cronin's first year was 11-19; second year 13-19; third year 18-14; fourth year 19-16. Cronin didn't make the NCAA in any of his first four years. I don't believe he had any players leave early to play professionally during that span. Cincinnati fans wanted Cronin out. It was a firestorm. The next year Cronin went 26-9 and made the round of 32. UC hasn't missed the NCAA since.

Hire Mick Cronin!

So his teams got better every year? Must be nice.

Weird post. Both of those teams will still be playing next week. And NC State erased a 17-point deficit thanks to their press/push scheme. (I didn't watch the VT game)

If either of those games end up being us next year in the tourney, this board would fucking lose it calling for Manning's head regardless if we were playing the next week or not.

So his teams got better every year? Must be nice.

:tard::tard:

Back