• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - $70 Zelda Expansion!

I only ever played it on 64 back in high school. You can preorder from Amazon and it's $48 if you have Prime.

Switch for $224 on Ebay today (they have a 20% off sale sitewide)

Thanks, just bought one, although it was $286 after all taxes and stuff. I think the one I picked was like $325 before the 20% off coupon.

You kids don't know what good is. We played Mortal Kombat II!

from reddit: new smash looks really good

10xhgTU.gif

That's hilarious.

Two weeks ago, I downloaded the Kirby: Star Allies demo for my boys. They played it all through our Spring Break trip. It's only two levels, but they played it together continuously. We got back late Thursday night and we got it for them on Friday as a reward for good behavior. They invited two friends over on Saturday and beat the game in less than 24 hours.

When my 5 year old told my wife they finished it, she said, "Wow. I guess Breath of the Wild is a really good deal then." Me and my 5 year old have probably logged over 200 hours each on it.

No it stopped being published several years ago. Although quick Google says they now have a podcast using that moniker.

It's a lot of fun with 4 people, yeah. The quests are mostly all "go here and solve a puzzle to find a treasure, then bring the treasure back", best as I can tell so far. I wouldn't want to play it by myself, and even with just 2 people, I would probably rather play a different game.

With 4 people, though, the game opens up really nicely. Bigger ship, which really requires teamwork and communication to navigate. Ship battles are a blast, trying to outmaneuver another crew is a lot of fun. My only complaint to that end would be that the stakes of battle aren't that high, unless you're carrying a lot of high-end treasure. If you die, you'll respawn after a bit. If you lose your ship, you'll get a new ship after a bit. I don't know quite how that interacts with cosmetic ship customizations, but I would imagine they persist, too. The only thing you can really lose is what's on your ship (chests, supplies, etc)

When I've run into other crews at outposts and ports, it's generally pretty tense trying to figure out if they're friendly. We had one situation in the beta where we had 3 of our crew talking in voice chat while the 4th tried to sneak onto their boat to see if they had any treasure chests lying around. That was cool. The other night we finally boarded a ship that was giving us shit for a while, and while they didn't have any treasure, we stole all of their general supplies.

I'm excited to see how the higher level quests progress (I really like how the quests start out with basic maps, but quickly evolve into multi-part riddles and stuff requiring use of different tools / crew mates), but so far, I'm really digging it.

There are other big events lurking beyond the typical questlines. We saw a massive cloud skull the other night, which my buddy said was some sort of high-end enemy wave clear event, but that other ships in the area could also see. We had to go before we could check it out, but that sounded like a pretty interesting idea to me, sort of like the Dark Zone in The Division maybe? I heard something about a kraken possibly existing, too.

With 4 people, though, the game opens up really nicely. Bigger ship, which really requires teamwork and communication to navigate. Ship battles are a blast, trying to outmaneuver another crew is a lot of fun. My only complaint to that end would be that the stakes of battle aren't that high, unless you're carrying a lot of high-end treasure. If you die, you'll respawn after a bit. If you lose your ship, you'll get a new ship after a bit. I don't know quite how that interacts with cosmetic ship customizations, but I would imagine they persist, too. The only thing you can really lose is what's on your ship (chests, supplies, etc)

Are these interactions with NPC's or other players?

Back