• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

If DR is as big of a deal as he says he is then I’m surprised why he would waste time arguing with the people he clearly believes to be beneath him.

The lion does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep as they say.

https://imgur.io/gallery/kzC3K

Making 10-15 times what you'd make going forward on the PGA Tour seems like a pretty good plan to me. But what do I know.

As to whether the Saudis will ever make money out of this, I doubt it. But I've been wrong before about what makes money and so have all of you. Of course, if they end up owning golf maybe they will. I don't know. I'm not smart enough to run a third world country.

Somebody in Saudi Arabia at some point generations was really, really smart to lock down that land and coincince the rest of the world to need oil. We clearly aren't real smart for being so reliant on them.

The market pretty much determines who is smart and who isn't.

You're right to ask that question - what do you know. These guys are trading in their careers in terms of a career that matters and forging their place in golf history - for money. Now I think it is entirely debatable that that is a good plan. They are likely trading a massive PGA Tour pension plan in along with it. If you're all about money NOW then it's the plan for you. If you want what you have worked so hard for all your life to matter relative to golf, then it isn't a good plan. If you also and most importantly care about who you are aligning yourself with and trading in your personal reputation in order to retrieve that money, then LIV is not a good plan. Thus, the choice. So yeah, what DO you know?

So the market determines that those who make the bigger dollars are the smart ones. You have beat that drum forever. That's an absolutely pathetic outlook. What that outlook does is it will make a man feel like he has to pretend he has money so he can - in his mind and more importantly others - feel like he is one of the winners. I have gone from being convinced that you're a blowhard dick who thinks he has money to a guy I feel really sorry for. You're just I dunno ...icky.

Here's something else I might add. Again, we will call it advice from a not very smart or successful yet probably a few years older man. Take the advice or leave it. I'm pretty confident that a decent percentage of folks on here fart more money than you will ever have, so I think if I were you I would lay off that recurring theme of yours how you're the only real winner and the rest of us are failing. Wake Forest breeds tons and tons of very financially successful people. And the one reason you feel in your head that you're "winning" is that virtually all have the class to not brag about it and the biggest reason for that is they realize it's not the real measure of success in life. And that's the rub: success in life isn't determined by the size of your wallet. You're embarrassing yourself.

Last edited:
Somebody in Saudi Arabia at some point generations was really, really smart to lock down that land and coincince the rest of the world to need oil. We clearly aren't real smart for being so reliant on them.

To clarify, you think the world is dependent on oil because people in Saudi Arabia convinced us to be? Like, you actually look at history and have that conclusion?

To clarify, you think the world is dependent on oil because people in Saudi Arabia convinced us to be? Like, you actually look at history and have that conclusion?

Clearly, the hillbillies in PA in the mid 1800s dug because the Saudis told them to.

I started typing a response nominating that statement as the dumbest thing ever posted but decided it wasn't worth it. The US produces more oil than they do, anyway... so.....

Donnie, if you really have all the money you claim to, why does bragging about it on a message board make you feel so good? I am confused.

Talk about playing the really, really long game. Holy shit those Saudis were visionaries.

Deacs Cam Young and Will Zalatoris (along with Davis Love) are paired together for the first two rounds of this week's Rocket Mortgage.

In 2021 the USA was a net exporter of oil. An American discovered Saudi Oil when they were herding goats. One of the A's in Aramco is for the word American. The Saudis won the lottery and now export oil and terrorism.

Deacs Cam Young and Will Zalatoris (along with Davis Love) are paired together for the first two rounds of this week's Rocket Mortgage.

Those Deacs gotta crush that Tar Heel (and will)

Rocket Mortgage is a garbage event.

Light years more compelling than the Trump/Saudi/LIV exhibition and rich/idiot/jackass fest in NJ (on the former estate of John DeLorean). Going to be awesome watching Phil and his $200 million finish 43rd out of 48 for Team Four Aces.

Last edited:
Light years more compelling than the Trump/Saudi/LIV exhibition and rich/idiot/jackass fest in NJ (on the former estate of John DeLorean). Going to be awesome watching Phil and his $200 million finish 43rd out of 48 for Team Four Aces.

Don't forget Henrik Stenson. He might break 80, you never know!

The venue makes it worth watching. Or maybe that is the "old way of doing things," I don't know.

I love Detroit Golf Club. Great event they have. Downtown Detroit has become awesome as well. Hate I will miss it this year.

Given the designer, it would be tough for DR not to love the DGC.

Back