• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Those stops, and the Wyndham among others, crater the ratings whether LIV exists or not. The tour long ago became a system of haves and have nots among events.

Those stops, and the Wyndham among others, crater the ratings whether LIV exists or not. The tour long ago became a system of haves and have nots among events.

This is tantamount to saying wake Forest hoops sucks so fuck it let’s quit trying.

We have several LIV players wanting to play the event and they would make it better. Is it going to be a Riviera or Arnold Palmer field? Of course not. Would having Bryson, Reed & Matt Jones in the field help? Of course it would.

This is tantamount to saying wake Forest hoops sucks so fuck it let’s quit trying.

We have several LIV players wanting to play the event and they would make it better. Is it going to be a Riviera or Arnold Palmer field? Of course not. Would having Bryson, Reed & Matt Jones in the field help? Of course it would.

I love how you include Bryson and Reed with...Matt Jones. One of these things is certainly not like the other ones. Just because you have a man crush on him, doesn't make him a player that anyone gives a shit about watching.

People are not coming out to watch Reed or Jones. Bryson? I'll give you that one.

People are not coming out to watch Reed or Jones. Bryson? I'll give you that one.

Attendance at the Wyndham is at the top of the tour and always will be. But the bean counters just don't care about that. It's all about viewership and clicks. And what we have now in these events just don't touch what we had a year ago.

This is a horribly mismanaged rain delay by the PGA. We have no plans today a buddy in the top 10, and were looking forward to watching. They could have easily squeezed in a lot of golf in the last 4 hours. Now, they are going to struggle to get the round finished. Feel bad for the players, caddies, and particularly, the volunteers.

Attendance at the Wyndham is at the top of the tour and always will be. But the bean counters just don't care about that. It's all about viewership and clicks. And what we have now in these events just don't touch what we had a year ago.

My Sunday routine:
regardless of the tournament, after my Sunday afternoon nap around 4P I check the PGA event on t.v. If the leader (could be Tiger or Rory, could be John Doe) is 2-3 strokes ahead or less I'll crack a brew and watch it; if the eventual winner is a formality I'll find something else to watch.

My Sunday routine:
regardless of the tournament, after my Sunday afternoon nap around 4P I check the PGA event on t.v. If the leader (could be Tiger or Rory, could be John Doe) is 2-3 strokes ahead or less I'll crack a brew and watch it; if the eventual winner is a formality I'll find something else to watch.

I call this the "Boston College" fan approach. It's true and normal. The problem for the networks is they count the Boston College fans time watching the same as they do Clemson fans who watch the whole game.

It drives the money the same which is exactly how we all ended up stuck with Boston College.

Based on my metric, sir. I've attended 38 different PGA Tour events. More than you and Jay Monahan combined.

This reminds me of the Trump-verse whenever he talks about crowds. Come to think of it, most of these posts sound a lot like #45. Hmmmm.....

Anyone who believes this whole "people should just bow down and let the rich folks have their way" needs to stick it up their ass. I hope a lawyer defending their client against an insurance company doesn't take that approach.

What a miserable scared way to live life.

This reminds me of the Trump-verse whenever he talks about crowds. Come to think of it, most of these posts sound a lot like #45. Hmmmm.....

That's because he follows the same ethos, although he was shrewd enough to change party affiliation because he knew it would draw more poor clients.

There is no causal connection between LIV and the PGA tour sucking this time of year. The PGA tour has always sucked this time of year. From Jan throuth the US Open and for the playoffs, the PGA is the preeminent tour to watch. But from late June to late July and after the playoffs, the Euro tour has usually had the better and more interesting courses. You get the Irish, Scottish, Open and Fairmont St. Andrew's, then in the Fall, you get Wentworth, Rome (for next year's RC), Paris (last Euro RC site), the Dunhill, Valderrama, that gorgeous course in Cyprus, the Gary Player course with elephant cam and Dubai. Which is really cool because, if you get a bad weather weekend in the Fall so you can't go out and play, you can watch golf on some great courses in the a.m. and football in the p.m. One other cool thing that the pandemic caused was for more tourneys to be played in the UK and Ireland. We now get a 2nd course in Ireland, the Belfry, Celtic Manor and Fairmont St. Andrew's. And in the next 2 weeks, we get to see the women play Dundonald and Muirfield.

And speaking of the women, congrats to Brooke Henderson for coming back to win her 2nd major after a rough front 9.

Any LIV events coming to Donald Ross courses? Looks like some Fazio and Bob Cupp. Oh the excitement.

Guess it’s just like C.B. MacDonald said: “Great golf courses are the way of the past. If they offer you enough, pave them over with condos.”

Back