• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Saudi World Golf Tour 2022/2023 Thread

Bunch of losers so far. Only one to me who makes a difference is Bryson. Maybe Brooks, but he is washed already and will be even more so being with Liv. When cam smith and hideki go will be when its time to panic.

Not sure who is targeting players for LIV, but if LIV is capping fields at 48, they have enough Washington General types in the LIV camp already. PGAT isn't losing sponsors and ratings over the defections of Pat Perez, Charles Howell III and Jason Kokrak. "Got to stop what I am doing, Charles Howell III is making a run at Ian Poulter". Don't think so.

LOL Pilchard

Not sure who is targeting players for LIV, but if LIV is capping fields at 48, they have enough Washington General types in the LIV camp already. PGAT isn't losing sponsors and ratings over the defections of Pat Perez, Charles Howell III and Jason Kokrak. "Got to stop what I am doing, Charles Howell III is making a run at Ian Poulter". Don't think so.

Do they play threesomes or foursomes? They can always increase the cap to 54 or 72 and keep the shotgun start model.

Bunch of losers so far. Only one to me who makes a difference is Bryson. Maybe Brooks, but he is washed already and will be even more so being with Liv. When cam smith and hideki go will be when its time to panic.

If Cam Smith didnt play the British would it have been a boring event to watch? I don't think they would have had to cancel it. Rory is the one that moved that needle anyway. Cam Smith has been a notable player for about 6 months. Big time golf fans like some of us on here have known about him quite a while but the average viewer? If Cam goes to LIV that hideous hairstyle of his won't be missed. Old man yelling get off my lawn - yeah probably.

Hideki out of all the several hacks who have gone to LIV is the only one - due to Japan - will have any impact at all on the PGA Tour.

Smith has actually almost won the last 3 Masters. Finishing I believe 2nd and 3rd. He’s been one of the very top players on golfs biggest stages.

But that didn’t stop that post you all just read.

Literally the worlds top 10 could all go tomorrow and folks here would say “oh well those guys stink”

Smith has actually almost won the last 3 Masters. Finishing I believe 2nd and 3rd. He’s been one of the very top players on golfs biggest stages.

Literally the worlds top 10 could all go tomorrow and folks here would say “oh well those guys stink”

It may happen, and I would not say those guys stink. But I would say, "oh well, that's too bad" and go on watching the PGA Tour - never giving them another thought. Players will continue stepping up on the PGA Tour, playing great golf in real events, participating in Pro-Ams, raising money for charity and to grow the game, etc. etc. Maybe the LiV tour will morph into something that fans and those that follow and know the game can take seriously, who knows - but today it is not. It is nothing more than a ludicrous cash grab by the players and a misguided attempt to buy legitimacy by the Saudis.

It will be a different day when 9/11 families get their day in court and prove the Saudi government took down the twin towers. And that day gets closer everyday if you follow the court cases like some here are prone to do. These renegades are going to look real bad when the truth is shown to the world. Day by day this case is heading to federal court.

it seems like grayson murray is also destined for LIV

it seems like grayson murray is also destined for LIV

I doubt even they would want him. I think he'd be the worst in owgr besides Chase Koepka ( brought on board for obvious reasons).

Literally the worlds top 10 could all go tomorrow and folks here would say “oh well those guys stink”[/QUOTE

Yeah those top 10s from Cam Smith made him a massive household name. He's been a good player for a few years and really good this season, but most golf fans didn't really know who was until now. And again, he hasn't announced he's going to LIV anyway.

You continue to miss the point of almost every single post on this thread relating to LIV. It wont matter if they were once good players on the PGA Tour because they will disappear on LIV and someone else will pop up and finish 2nd and then 3rd in The Masters, and become a known somewhat successful player on the PGA Tour. I mean, are they not going to award 2nd and 3rd anymore if Cam leaves (I realize he might be eligible for a few years)? Is there going to be one person on the face of the earth that will bail on watching a PGA Tour event or attending because Cam Smith isnt playing? Or any of the other of the several players that went to LIV? If Cam went into a slump on the PGA Tour and missed 20 cuts in a row will the PGA Tour lose viewership? The answer is of course no because some other player(s) will step right into his spot.

Hadn't thought about him in decades. Didn't he used to be the next big thing?

Well he made the cut in a tour event at 16 and he turned pro at 16 and earned his tour card which was impressive. And he just never had any real success.

No, I hear your point. It's just wrong.

LIV players will continue finishing top 10, top 5 at the Masters for years to come. And Cam Smith is and has been a massive name in the golf world. The guy is ranked 2nd in the world and has been bouncing around the top 30 for years. Clearly you don't watch must golf.

The PGA Tour is now going to suffer a massive blow to their viewership mainly because of their own actions fueled by thinkers like you.

Smith is a great golfer and plays really well in the majors. But people weren't watching the Open or any other major to watch him. There are very few golfers that have ever been a bigger draw than the tournament, at least when it comes to the majors.

No, I hear your point. It's just wrong.

LIV players will continue finishing top 10, top 5 at the Masters for years to come. And Cam Smith is and has been a massive name in the golf world. The guy is ranked 2nd in the world and has been bouncing around the top 30 for years. Clearly you don't watch must golf.

The PGA Tour is now going to suffer a massive blow to their viewership mainly because of their own actions fueled by thinkers like you.

Wait, what? The PGA Tour is going to suffer a massive blow to their viewership because Cam Smith might end up on LIV tour?

And to top it off, this would be due to the PGA Tour's OWN actions? Dude

just out of curiosity, what are the saudis getting out of this? other than a reputation for giving away money.

LIV's not going to succeed in any meaningful way by making what amounts to political donations to has-been golfers shooting in the 70's. They need more than a couple Cam Smith guys to actually be disruptive over the long term. But that means stealing more stars from the PGA Tour, and with only a handful of players and limited events it'll be virtually impossible for them to create golf stars themselves. So it's a parasite trying as hard as it can to kill its host.

In a way that's working to LIV's advantage - it's absurd and unsustainable, and you know plenty of players are thinking the cash-out is now or never. That's why you saw zero interest until it was verified that money in the hundreds of millions was dropping directly into bank accounts immediately. Next year when AWGR points start mattering you'll see guys like Talor Gooch praying for the tour's collapse.

Back