Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122

Thread: Conference Expansion: Texas & Oklahoma to the SEC?

Honestly, I think either the ACC convinces Notre Dame to join and we stay at 15 and go no division or maybe do Notre Dame + WV with a 16 North / South split. But without Notre Dame, the ACC really doesn't have long term viability in my opinion. The difference in money is going to be too much compared to the SEC and BIG for the top programs to compete year end, year out. You're basically talking almost a billion dollars in revenue difference over a decade after the SEC's new deal with Texas and Oklahoma.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    ND has no need to join a conference unless itís the Super League.

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    ND has no need to join a conference unless itís the Super League.
    I mostly agree, but at some point their pride is going to catch up to them. Even ND can't compete when the major competitors are making $50MM+ more a year. The biggest fear for the ACC is ND joins the BIG a some point. I know they are supposedly locked with the ACC if the join a conference, but all of these deals are fluid and due to lawyer negotiations and buyouts.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    If ND wanted to join the Big Ten, they would have a long time ago. I think theyíll stay independent unless the ACC can make a deal thatís competitive with the SEC. A deal with the PAC-12 could be attractive to ND.