• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rejecting words and actions which perpetrate, support or encourage white supremacists

Someone called 911 to report an incident at the activist's house involving a gun in hopes of prompting an aggressive police response. That is so thoroughly fucked up.

Rejecting words and actions which perpetrate, support or encourage white supr...

Last edited:
There were more active threats from the white supremacist sites that they were going to try to disrupt the Heather Heyer memorial service, which is about as low as you can get. But there was a yuge police presence outside for the service, and nothing fortunately happened that day.

There are good people on that side... or so I've heard.

Three Richard Spencer supporters arrested on charges of shooting at UF protesters

Just before 5:30 p.m., just as protesters outside Spencer’s speech at UF’s Phillips Center were wrapping up, Gainesville police said the trio started heckling some anti-Spencer protesters with Hitler chants, Nazi salutes and threats. At one point, cops said, convicted felon Tenbrink pulled out a gun and the brothers encouraged him to use it.

He fired a single shot that missed the group, police said, then sped off in a silver Jeep. An off-duty Alachua County Sheriff’s Office deputy spotted the car 20 miles out of town around 9 p.m. and arrested the group. The Fears brothers are held on million dollar bonds in the Alachua County jail. Tenbrink’s is $3 million.

Tenbrink, 28, and William Fears, 30, were spotted at Charlottesville, the site of the largest white nationalist gathering in years that erupted in violence. Fears identifies himself on Twitter as “Charismatic leader of a White breeding cult” and tweeted “blood and soil,” the notorious Nazi slogan.

Tenbrink came from Texas to hear Spencer speak, and he told the Gainesville Sun in an interview before the shooting: “This is a mess. I’m disappointed in the course of things. It appears that the only answer left is violence, and nobody wants that.” He appears to be the same man who leapt over a police fence after being chased away from the event by protesters.

Before the shooting, William Fears told one journalist that he supported Spencer’s message, and he also told a Miami CBS news affiliate that the “only people who think we’re the violent ones, causing violence, are people who watch CNN.”

... they said before shooting at people.

White nationalist shot at protesters after Richard Spencer speech in Florida, police say

many sides. on one side you have people saying words and on the other using bullets to exercise their freedom of speech

We joke about that but about 40% of the country and many on this board identify with the white supremacists over the protestors. And they love false equivalencies.

You didn't read my post.

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...cle_6deec650-c0ba-11e7-9434-27b54a675f7a.html

http://www.dailyprogress.com/news/l...cle_682b1590-be56-11e7-bbd6-ff84ccf47eff.html

http://www.nbc29.com/story/36746754/alex-michael-ramos-court-11-02-2017

A few Cville updates. A local counter protester plead guilty to battering a reporter and got 9 months, all suspended. The Indiana white supremacist who punched a female counter protester in the face got 12 months, with 4 suspended and 8 months active to serve (a lot for 1 punch, even considering he had a criminal history). The Georgia white supremacist got bond denied again on appeal to Cville Circuit Court. And the Albemarle Circuit Judge granted Kessler's request to modify his bond so he could move to Ohio - probably offered to help Kessler pack too.

It's a shame these stories aren't getting more national coverage, though I'm sure the white supremacist sites are lamenting the harshness of the sentences and denials of bond in multiple cases. Our General District Judge has long been known as lenient in criminal cases, but he and our Circuit Judge are hammering the out of town white supremacists and are being a whole lot more lenient on local counter protesters. I hope this will be 1 of the lessons of Cville and that out of town protesters who behave violently at rallies will realize they'll be thrown under the jail.

Apparently we had our own campus torch-lit white supremacist march on Saturday morning here in Austin. I bet those jerks looked really cool walking with lit torches early in the morning. Unless it was actually late on Friday night. Anyways, I can't find any articles about it with a cursory google search.

The world is crazy enough that it just might be Papa Johns that solves racism in America.

The world is crazy enough that it just might be Papa Johns that solves racism in America.

Corporate America is fortunately ahead of Washington and the approximately 30-40% of the country that is regressing. My favorite 1 was the Christian boycott of Starbucks a couple of years ago over their holiday season cups. You just know that Starbucks had a massive design production full day team meeting to hash out what their holiday cups should look like that year, and they ended up concluding that as plain as possible was the way to go so as not to piss off any particular religious group. Wrong.

Good thread here:

I don't need to know Nazis go to the grocery store.

Back