• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Has anyone had any of the Charbay releases? I have a sample of Charbay III coming from a buddy and don't know too much about it. However, from what I do know, it's basically hop flavored whiskey which gives it a marijuana flavor (among other things) and is very unique. Anyone know more about it?

I was in Louisville last week on business and got to tour several distilleries on the Bourbon Trail. We went to Maker's Mark, Heaven Hill, Four Roses and Jim Beam. Maker's Mark had the most interesting tour (and the best organized and moderated tasting), but we got to taste some really unique bourbons at Heaven Hill: Heaven Hill Select Stock, William Heavenhill and Elijah Craig 23 Year Old Single Barrel. Back at the hotel, got to try 13 and 15 year old Van Winkle and a host of other ones we can't get back in NC. Good trip.

Tried EH Taylor Cured Oak tonight at what had to have been a mistaken price. I liked it a lot. Had nice cinnamon/brown sugar notes to it compares to the single barrel, but I'm not sure it would be worth the significant up charge that is usually associated with this bottle. This restaurant just didn't realized what they had since it was $30 cheaper per pour than the place I was at last week.

Tried EH Taylor Cured Oak tonight at what had to have been a mistaken price. I liked it a lot. Had nice cinnamon/brown sugar notes to it compares to the single barrel, but I'm not sure it would be worth the significant up charge that is usually associated with this bottle. This restaurant just didn't realized what they had since it was $30 cheaper per pour than the place I was at last week.

I hope you had more than one! I love finding mistakes like that.

I didn't. Came home and am drinking the eh taylor straight rye for free.

Just turned in my grades and rewarded myself with a generous pour of FR Single Barrel.

I picked up the Bulleit 10 today. I'll give a report soon.

I was in Louisville last week on business and got to tour several distilleries on the Bourbon Trail. We went to Maker's Mark, Heaven Hill, Four Roses and Jim Beam. Maker's Mark had the most interesting tour (and the best organized and moderated tasting), but we got to taste some really unique bourbons at Heaven Hill: Heaven Hill Select Stock, William Heavenhill and Elijah Craig 23 Year Old Single Barrel. Back at the hotel, got to try 13 and 15 year old Van Winkle and a host of other ones we can't get back in NC. Good trip.

How was Four Roses? I am in Lexington for business periodically, and I plan one of these times to hit a couple of distilleries. Woodford is right down the road, as is Buffalo Trace, and I think Four Roses is pretty close.

How was Four Roses? I am in Lexington for business periodically, and I plan one of these times to hit a couple of distilleries. Woodford is right down the road, as is Buffalo Trace, and I think Four Roses is pretty close.

We visited their warehouse and bottling facility that's closer to Louisville - I think the one you're talking about is over closer to Lexington. The place we visited had already ceased operations for the day so we didn't get to take the tour, we just did the tasting. It's a good product, but we didn't taste anything you couldn't buy off the shelf at the ABC store.

wild turkey is near lexington to, was there in may and its a good distillery

Happy Friday! Enjoying some Redbreast 12 Cask Strength this afternoon/evening.

318f746ba47dce0c6efa4b0e04df276d.jpg

Back